Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Script Extraction Completed! Final Script Size is 2,314,816 Bytes...  (Read 11876 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Alright, it was grueling, tedious, cumbersome, one big pain in the ass, you get the idea, but it finally happened after all the time I spent on it this month. I now have the final script size figures.

| Size in Bytes | Size in KB | Size in MB |

Total unique strings: 40,507!

Well, there you have it. Now I'm preparing a script editor for omgfloofy and translation can begin. I can forget all about this project till the one day, far off into the future when she comes back with it translated... or gives up trying...

Oh, and here go some more screenshots for yas. Look at that, huh? Huh? How about that?? I translated the string all by myself for the first one... ;) Oh, oh, and look at the 2nd one! A demonstration of all 19 text colors that are supported! Neato, isn't it? Also, I added a html file in the attached rar archive that contains a script dump of just the strings that use the text color control code, so you can check out how I formatted that all up nicely in HTML.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline MarkMack

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: Script Extraction Completed! Final Script Size is 2,314,816 Bytes...
« Reply #1 on: Sep. 22, 2006, 07:28:19 PM »
Wow...now that's one hell of a script!  Impressive work, as always, Nightwolve.

The file you posted seems to be mostly text from the menus and book contents.  And even that small piece of the overall script seems surprisingly large.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #2 on: Sep. 25, 2006, 12:49:40 AM »
omgfloofy has had the script editor I finished preparing for a few days now and I imagine has begun translation work. I just got back online today, so I assume that's the case. Anyway, pheeew, that's pretty much it on my part. The ball's in her court now.

The file you posted seems to be mostly text from the menus and book contents.  And even that small piece of the overall script seems surprisingly large.

Hopefully, the huge script size is mostly due to all that generally useless book crap. It should be translated last, preferably...

Offline omgfloofy

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • swordbreaker.com
« Reply #3 on: Sep. 26, 2006, 05:03:59 PM »
Oh. Don't worry. It will be. XD;; I'm totally not looking forward to translating the Carnelia books. XD;; Though I'm amused that there's a book called 'Introduction to Conversational Cat Language'.

I never found that book when I first played it, and holy crap, it's hilarious. XD;; It's also super easy to translate. XD

But I'm doing menu stuff right now. Just about at 3% on the script.

*keelsover* Sooo much teeext. ;o; XD;;

Offline MarkMack

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 10:52:59 PM »
<3 omgfloofy!

You certainly wasted no time in getting started, eh?

Offline omgfloofy

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • swordbreaker.com
« Reply #5 on: Sep. 28, 2006, 01:08:06 AM »
*laughs!* Well, I've got chunks of the game transcribed and translated already. See- Nightwolve and I got to talking after I had started actually *physically* transcribing the game while playing through it. I was scripting it by hand and planning on doing a text translation- much like... oh. I think it was one of the Persona translations out there... Or the Tales of the Abyss story guide on GameFAQs.

So. I'd call Nightwolve a lifesaver. Especially now after I know exactly how much text that game has. XD

Now I just need to find the chunks of the game I've already got translated and start working on plugging my translations in on the editor. But... I'll probably keep with the menu for a bit. It's kept me pretty busy.

Offline bgfanauk

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct. 09, 2006, 12:14:22 AM »
Hey, NW. I am just curious that for the title, shouldn't 軌跡 be translated to be "the trace" rather than "path"? Because trace sounds more like "directed path," which I think is the meaning of 軌跡 in the title...

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #7 on: Oct. 09, 2006, 07:47:11 AM »
Well, there's a debate on what the title should be exactly among translators. I've never heard 'trace' so far, so that'd make you the first. Other suggestions have been "Tracks in the Sky" or even "Locus in the Sky" which is what your 軌跡 also translates too. I'm not sure what I'll go with in the end, but as for now, I think 'trace' is a quite bit off as well as 'locus'.

Offline Dave Shadoff

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Ys IV Localizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct. 09, 2006, 10:10:48 AM »
Hmm... dunno if it fits the word, but I would imagine "Arc in the Sky" works better.

Offline KM

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct. 16, 2006, 07:47:08 PM »
I would love to see the script. :O Being an advid translator myself. I'd love to join a group but there's not really much going on in the game translating right now. Maybe having more than one translator would make things go faster. There's so many falcom games that need translating, like Zwei!! and Gurumin. Anyone try Fantasia Sango II? (Gokusangokushi II) I found it a very nice looking game and the battle system is not too shabby. But it sure is colourful. :D

Offline Ruri

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct. 17, 2006, 06:19:59 PM »
Hey, I was one of the translators who have offered help in translating it.
I have been away for some time (my damn motherboard burned out...) so tell me, Sora No Kiseki is already under translation?

Offline Falcomfan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct. 17, 2006, 10:25:31 PM »
I have been away for some time (my damn motherboard burned out...) so tell me, Sora No Kiseki is already under translation?

I believe it is being translated by omgfloofy.  I dont think Nightwolve is working on it though(he's got enough to do hehe) Really i dont know how Nightwolve makes the time to do these translations and put up with us all especially the crazy ones.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #12 on: Oct. 18, 2006, 01:14:34 PM »

Yeah, it is. She's about 10% complete already. About managing multiple translators... Well, you see, I didn't design the script editor I have her using for that, so it's a bit of trouble to split the work up. In previous projects, there would usually only be one translator available for me, mostly Psycho DeuceBag, so I built up all my tools around that fact. I think she can do it on her own anyhow, and she has some other friends whom she asks for help when there's a problem, etc. so I'm gonna leave it at that for now. But she'll see this post and perhaps add you to a list she can use for help when needed I guess. If you're available over AIM or MSN, that helps.

Offline Ruri

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct. 18, 2006, 06:03:01 PM »
Oh well...that was really a game I was looking foward translating, but all right.(who knows, maybe I'll do SC, on a very, very far future...)
But, if you need help, just send me a e-mail.

Offline Trinn

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Falcom games are great! Translations too!
    • View Profile
    • Nomad Voice Creative Group
« Reply #14 on: Nov. 11, 2006, 03:23:32 PM »
Our team can help too! We has 2 members of our team currently has knowlege in jappanese language. So u can give our contact to her too! (For notes - i-m manager of team amd main programmer, also we develop board games... end of adversting :))

And thank you for Ys translation!
« Last Edit: Nov. 11, 2006, 03:32:36 PM by Trinn »
May other guys can create team for translating ED series! (may ours)

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Nov. 15, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »
Ah, that's good that you have knowledge in Japanese language. But, you seem like that you don't have knowledge in Engish language. Too bad.
I don't know if you are purposely misspelling English for some dumb joke, or just think it's great to make fun of people who don't use a spell check while showing you can't do one either. From what his message said, he wasn't the one that knew Japanese, it was two members of his team.

Offline Escarioth

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec. 23, 2006, 06:18:57 PM »
Well, it sure looks like quite a lot of work  :o
Im no good in translation stuff so i cant really be of any help :(

(oh and by the way your work with YS 1&2 complete was absolutely great guys, you truly deserve more then praises for this)

Just a question like that ..do any of you played Legend of heroes-Sora no Kiseki- SC .. thats weird i cant play the opening movie...  :~( :~( :~( i really dont know why...all i see is the Falcom logo and it stop at the game screen.. i can play but ...i would really have liked to check that opening movie with sound ..anyway it might not be the place to ask that :P so sorry to anyone i might upset (really)

And to all of you who are working hard on translating YS games, Mostly impressive ! i really look for the next update of Ys: The Oath In Felghana
The bird of the Hermes is my name. Eating my wings to make me tame...

Offline Falcomfan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec. 23, 2006, 09:27:02 PM »
Well, it sure looks like quite a lot of work  :o
Im no good in translation stuff so i cant really be of any help :(

(oh and by the way your work with YS 1&2 complete was absolutely great guys, you truly deserve more then praises for this)

Just a question like that ..do any of you played Legend of heroes-Sora no Kiseki- SC .. thats weird i cant play the opening movie...  :~( :~( :~( i really dont know why...all i see is the Falcom logo and it stop at the game screen.. i can play but ...i would really have liked to check that opening movie with sound ..anyway it might not be the place to ask that :P so sorry to anyone i might upset (really)

And to all of you who are working hard on translating YS games, Mostly impressive ! i really look for the next update of Ys: The Oath In Felghana

Its on Youtube

Offline Escarioth

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec. 27, 2006, 04:53:57 PM »
Thx a thousand times Falcomfan.. i saw it with sound this time... but i would really like to know why it doesnt start on my computer ..thats weird..  :~(
The bird of the Hermes is my name. Eating my wings to make me tame...