Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Small Question about patch/donation :)  (Read 4393 times)

Offline FireHawkX

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Small Question about patch/donation :)
« on: Feb. 27, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »
Well i've read in other thread that thoses who have donated already have the patch...

How much do you request to get it now? I've had the game for a little less than a year now and i dont really want to ressort to walkthrough... and im stuck cause its in jap and i dont really understand... hehehe...

So im being 100% honest here, how much is required to get the patch beforehand? It was supposed to be released before the new year... and it still isnt... :)

Thank a lot for the work you have put in this... i know a game is incredibly huge... (im actually working for EA Montreal on Army of Two for PS3/X360)... It is REALLY appreciated... especially since Falcom cannot find a team to simply do it and release it officially... :)

Have a nice day!!
-=Fire Hawk X=-

Offline Blaze

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: Small Question about patch/donation :)
« Reply #1 on: Feb. 28, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
$5 and a credit card. just donate ATLEAST $5 to get it, but comeon! the translation he (and team) worked hard on is worth more then that, i'd say, $15 is a fair amount $20 if your feeling generious
Blaze, the man of simple words

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #2 on: Mar. 01, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »
If you clicked the paypal link, it would tell you in the comment field that a $5 minimum will suffice... That's where it was made known.

As for the release date now, it's up in the air. My schedule was thrown off by numerous issues. I have less free time to finish it up since winter is just about to lose its grip, so I've gone back to work on other more important stuff. I'll have to sneak some time in early in the mornings for it where possible and hopefully the final version should go public this month.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline FireHawkX

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 07:36:23 PM »
Well, I started the game on thursday... started again on friday with a friend... finished it saturday with him....

all i have to say is : WOW... the game itself is a masterpiece... and your translation... incredible... the small hesitation in the characters... the big bold shouting in higher fonts... everything was perfect!!... only detail that wasnt translated was the small "video" when the wall of the ancient is speaking to you... but didnt mather much...

I thought the ending was going up a kind of "tower" in the middle of the isle... where he met Elena and fought the final battle... not going down the middle of the earth?!.. that was pretty weird.. wasnt at all like i remembered it from the snes version! hehe...

I could only give you $10... it's not much... but the federal government is asking for 1K this year... and it hurts REALLY bad... even though i have a new job at Electronic Arts (im really proud btw... hehe.. doing the Video editing on the New PS3/X360 title Army of Two - to be released nov.13-2k7 if things dont change again...  and its gonna be AWESOME!!! i love every second of it and cant wait to see the final product!! :) ...

So for your awesome incredible work.. you deserved that at the very least!

Thank you!

-=Fire Hawk X=-

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #4 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »
Hm, working on a PS3/X360 title huh? What are you doing exactly and what kind of tools have they provided you with?

I feel your pain with the federal tax return btw. I finished mine yesterday or so I thought and then e-filed it... Unfortunately, I had a doubt about a certain issue and talked it over with my adviser the next day. Turned out I fucked up as I had suspected. Worse yet, once the IRS accepts your first filing, you cannot electronically file again should you find you made a mistake and wish to redo it. You've gotta obtain a 1040X form and whatever else you need and do it ALL by paper & send by mail...

Offline FireHawkX

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar. 06, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »
yeah i've been hired since last september at EAM (Electronic Arts Montreal)... and i've been doing the video editing for the whole studio since... :)

I've worked on SSX Blur that came out this week for the Wii...

and i'm working on Army of Two (i do the cinematics between each levels... actually i only assemble them together... and i also create the trailers that gets released online... and its great!!) :)
Oh and im using Adobe premiere for the edits... 4TB fiber channel @ 2GB/s for HDD.. 3 24inch monitors.. 4Gb ram and a Dual Xeon 3.0ghz... ;)

Well again, Congrats for that wonderfull work! :)

Have a nice day!!

Offline aburas

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar. 07, 2007, 05:34:39 PM »
Is all the game translated in the final version because FireHawkX said that a part of it wasnt?  Just wondering.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #7 on: Mar. 07, 2007, 06:53:37 PM »
He didn't receive a final version. He received a BETA. The part that he's talking about specifically is the Mural sequence when Genos is speaking to you. Those were all images and currently are all in Japanese with the last BETA patch that I've been distributing. There were other small issues, rare strings still appearing in Japanese, but I dunno if I fixed that issue with what I still distribute to donators. Another issue was that missing platform texture which was fixed thanks to the persistence of like 3 or 4 of you bringing it to my attention.

But anyway, everything has been translated and will go into the first public version. I simply didn't get to work on the project as much during February for numerous reasons. Some days I just didn't want to and felt it was pointless, other days I was distracted working on other things. I have made up my mind though and I'll try to finish it, likely by the end of March, but I'm not that optimistic I'll make it by then either.