Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Falcom Weekly Special Feature + Felghana ON SALE FOR 10 BUCKS +S/H!! YESS!  (Read 9018 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
*UPDATE* 5-25-09 (SOLD OUT!)

Hmm, I'm afraid the Felghana sale is over... The shopping cart button on the Specials page is now red and no longer links to the shop.cgi script, meaning if you were in Japan, you could no longer purchase it. I assume you will also be denied/ignored via email when it comes to international orders so I wouldn't try it... It was supposed to technically be over on the 28th, but I guess they allocated a limited amount of Felghana copies which must've all been purchased...

Aaah, yeah, the name of the red image is ico_soldout-l.gif... SOLD OUT folks, you missed it! Sorry. :(

*UPDATE* 5-24-09

OH MY GAWWWWD! Falcom is selling Felghana for 10 bucks ?!?! WTF ??

I came online moments ago only to find some sort of close out sale for Felghana! It would appear you have up until the 28th to buy it for a mere 980 YEN which amounts to $10.39 USD!!! Yeah, THAT'S RIGHT, a little over 10 bucks!!! I dunno what's going on, but that's what it says!!! You'd better learn how to use my FWS feature to place an order for this if you'd like to have the real thing! The Item ID you need to use is 866A and the title is 'イース -フェルガナの誓い- 普及版' along with the price 980 Y. You simply change those values on the FWS feature page, fill out all the other info, press the Create button and that would result in the proper email you would need to do this.

*BEGIN* 5-21-09

https://www.ysutopia.net/falcomspecial/

If you haven't already been examining my little automated Falcom Weekly Special feature, this is worth a mention right quick since there is an unusual sale going on... I'm afraid I haven't been around too much lately and my attention was placed elsewhere last time I was, otherwise I would've posted it sooner. At any rate, yeah, this is your best chance to buy the game new if you'd like to own the real thing. *hint hint* $34 USD is the cheapest I've ever seen it!

So anyhow, what is this FWS feature at the bottom left of the site? Well, I wanted to use this chance to give you a quick rundown of it as well as to get some feedback for improvements (though I'm sure that'll be yet another futile request). Its purpose is simply to a) help you construct a proper email to place an international order with Falcom in general, and b) keep you instantly updated as to the current weekly (sometimes longer) sale that Falcom offers.

The automated aspect works like this:

1) Every 6 hours the server downloads the official page:

http://www.falcom.co.jp/mailorder/special/special.html

and caches it locally to here:

https://www.ysutopia.net/special/falcom/index.php

2) Using the cached local copy, the HTML image tag for the Weekly Special is parsed out, saved, and I use that to create the FWS block you see at the bottom left every time this site is viewed. Thus, if you see a new/different image, you know that Falcom just put up a new sale (Totally automated, I usually won't ever have to do anything unless Falcom changes the original page enough to break the parsing PHP code) and by clicking said image, you'll be taken to the page to access the feature in full.

Alright, now if you click the image, you'll be taken to the first link I pasted. This is a form-based and javascript run feature to help you in creating the proper email needed. Using the data from the current special, the main output textbox is defaulted to what you would need to order the current special as you'll see. Should become self-explanatory once you play around with it... It is by no means finished: it needs 1) a tips section, with info like how to use the receipt number so you don't have to keep emailing your CC number per order, etc., 2) a better appearance formatting which perhaps you can help out with, 3) any other relevant information to help get the job done right, etc...

Well, check the feature out, play around with it, and lemme know what you think on how I could possibly improve it. We need as many folks who have successfully placed orders with Falcom using this method to provide feedback.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Zoel

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
I am actually curious why , they are selling it at such a low price. Wish I bought the game now instead of paying 8k Yen.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Well, too late, all gone. I was looking for a translation of the red button, but then I just looked at the image's file name and saw 'ico_soldout-l.gif', so yeah, SOLD OUT... :(

Offline Sanhime

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Oh damn it!  I got the email from you, but I wonder why it was in my spam folder  >.<

I would have bought the game!

Offline esteban666

• Eager Initiate
  • "Swing the Glove to Exit" -Jackie Chan POWERBOXING
    • View Profile
    • TurboPlay Magazine Archives
Oh well. I always seem to miss sweet deals like this.

At least I got to play today in one of those big inflatable "bounce houses" that kids have at birthday parties.

And yet, for some reason, I still feel as if I missed out on Falcom's deal.
  |    | 

Offline Kusiga

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Aww kind of sad it sold out after I had sent an email order two days ago when it still showed in stock but they sent a response today saying the order canceled due to being sold out.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Oh damn it!  I got the email from you, but I wonder why it was in my spam folder  >.<

Yeah, it's cause the domain 'ysutopia.net' doesn't entirely pass a domain test. It does at least pass Yahoo's DomainKeys test which is good, something that wouldn't happen with a free no-ip domain.

I analyzed it to understand it better so an explanation goes something like this: I configured SMF's Mail Settings to SMTP, localhost, port 25, and provided a user account as well. So while there is a mail service running on the same server as Apache (otherwise localhost wouldn't work), it's not a mail server; it's forwarding the mail to another machine on the ISP's network. That machine has a different IP address and domain name, so when *it* actually sends the mail, the target mail server will see only that domain/IP which obviously does not match ysutopia.net. 

Yahoo analyzes further and sees that ysutopia.net's name servers are the same as the domain of the actual mail server so it concludes it's legitimate and not a forgery, therefore not SPAM. I guess Hotmail, in your case, doesn't go as far to try to validate the sender's domain in the From field by also using its name servers and actually finding that they match the domain from where the email was sent from.

*takes breath*

Anyway, you would need the mail server to be on the same machine as the web server which is not the case with the ISP that I am using.

Aww kind of sad it sold out after I had sent an email order two days ago when it still showed in stock but they sent a response today saying the order canceled due to being sold out.

Oh wow, you were ahead of ALL of us and still didn't make it? Damn... So my effort here was already too late and a waste of time. =\ Grrrrgh.

Offline Zoel

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
its not over yet guys. They're selling the limited Edition of Ys oath in Felghana for 980 yen. (Cd Version) but who cares if you don't have it get it now.