Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: The Official Ys VI:Ark of Napishtim Translation Project! Wise fwom your gwave!!!  (Read 4346 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Download Full Game or Fan Patch!!! Get it while it's hot!
Download1: >> Ys VI English Fan Patch Released <<
Thanks be to The Pirate Bay, Heroes of the Internet!!! Oh lookie here, those rascals sure DO work fast! VERY FAST!!
Download2: >> FULL GAME DOWNLOAD: Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim [XSEED/GOG] (2015) << -  Get your free Ys VI right here, if you'd prefer to play XSEED's GOG version itself!! So fire up that torrent client! :) - Updated 5/8/2015
Download3: https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/.../Ys_VI_The_Ark_of_Napishtim_gog_extras - Updated 5/8/2015

To "honor" X.X.XSEED Games' Ys VI Steam release on this day, April 28, 2015, I resurrected a long forgotten 2004 translation project in time for a simultaneous release of my own as part of a, shall we say, "Boycott XSEED Games, Get FREE Games/Patches!!!" program! :P Consider it a free alternative (if you will) to their played-out pay-to-play "Steam Scheme" - the product of nothing more than a cynical desire to continue to profit off of poor devoted Ys fans with a ~12+ year old game this time... Why give your hard-earned money to disgusting, criminal cheats for what can be had for FREE ??

I was gonna do a quick installer, but this was way easier below, full game download! Enjoy!

So you have 2 options:

Option 1: Full Official X.X.XSEED GOG game download translated by Daniel Prescott (their Celceta translator).

Option 2: My English fan patch for those with original Japanese import copies of Ys VI LE or SE translated with the criminal cock-flashing cheat, Jeff "Psycho DeuceBag" Nussbaum. You could also apply it over the XSEED GOG install, but it's likely inferior both in translation and editing. Screenshots below.

Click for double-sized view:

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim Project History Log
« Reply #1 on: Apr. 26, 2015, 11:45:08 PM »
YsVI Project History Log

** 4/26/2015 - Translation Station adapted to Ys VI specifics and using screenshots from PS2 Konami version to finish off translated results.

1) An inside look at my custom translation software built on AccessVBA with a screenshot from Konami's PS2 version of Ys VI next to it. I basically played the PS2 version all the way on my PC with a Composite-to-USB device, took a JPG screenshot for every screen of text as a primitive way of achieving a script dump. Was VERY tediously painful/boring, took long enough, but was needed!

Full Size: https://s5.postimg.cc/76cests6f/Ys6_Trans_Station4_26_2015.jpg

2) Possible B.J.Psycho DeuceBag translation error caught! As some might know, the WWWJDIC software-dependent translating criminal hack, Jeff Nussbaum, botched the "Legend of Heroes VI - First Chapter (Trails in the Sky)" script for the PSP version that X.X.XSEED Games contracted him out to do. Secondary failure was thanks to the other criminal inside of XSEED, Thomas Lipschultz, who failed to catch these translation mistakes in 2nd pass editing! YAAAAAAY!! They've since fixed the errors for the Steam version though, and Psycho DeuceBag was not asked to translate the sequel, Second Chapter, so a small measure of justice I can take there; he's failing, not to mention he was denied another sneak/cheat job (for the 5th time) with X.X.XSEED commercialization via the ready-to-go Ys VI script he's been sitting on since 2004 thanks to my work hours and software/intellectual property!! ANYWAY, here's an example of an issue below, Konami text on the left, Psycho DeuceBag's on the right. So, who is wrong as to who Marve is referring to as scary ? Makes a big difference here!

Full Size: https://s5.postimg.cc/h4xdfb1lz/Ys6_Deuce_Bag_Translation_Error.jpg

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
Hell yeah man, very interesting!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Checking out Ys games with my new LG 43" 4K panel. Resolution set to 1024x768 (which is native for the game) and 75Hz since this panel is actually capable of it. Was hoping to find a genuine 120Hz panel at this screen size for my upgrade, but the LG 43UF6400 has proven to be good enough. I'd have to throw another $200 or so for a Sony Bravia to get genuine 120Hz support for use as a good computer monitor. Regardless, the LG 43UF6400 has proven to work wonderfully both as a computer monitor and a fully functional smart TV, only wish they chose the Android operating system instead of their own WebOS 2.0.