Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Now the Proud Owner of the Original 2001 Ys I & II Complete Limited Edition Set!  (Read 4184 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
 ;DJust happened moments ago, an Ys buddy of mine (a big "fan" of X.X.XSEED's Thomas "WyrdWad" Lipschultz and an ex-forum moderator of ALOY whose final act they're quite familiar with, heh) PM'ed me that an original Ys I & II Complete Limited Edition set had just gone up on eBay by HitJapan. He knew I wanted one after he showed me the one he bought and he kept an eye out for the next sale to pop up on my behalf. I should've bought my homie GillianSeed's copy when I had a chance during his great sell off of his Falcom collection many moons ago, but good ole MP83 scored that copy instead...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311531949305

So HitJapan wanted $50 + $20 for shipping, BUT, they had a Make Offer option, so my initial haggle attempt was based on subtracting that $20 for shipping, to keep it at $50, my absolute max, so I offered $30... To my surprise and disappointment, the operator was online and accepted my offer a few minutes later... I wonder much lower I could've gone, but oh well, $50 it is!!! :)

It's a bit collectard to want this for my shelf basically since I played out the game and already have the Falcom Popular Edition which is the mini-me version of this full Limited Edition set. For the most part, it'll admittedly just be a shiny trophy of some of my Ys past. Always liked how they fashioned the box in the style of an ancient book of Ys. :) But yeah, oh well, I have a bit of collectard in me.

https://www.facebook.com/NightWolve/posts/10208930383966225

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Dark Fact

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Justice is not blind. For I am her eyes.
    • View Profile
Like I said, good friend. Whenever I find something Ys related that I do have, and you happen to want, I'll let you know.
"When the six Books are gathered, a great power will be revealed...
Sadly, you are not fated to see it!"

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Yeah, that was good looking out man, thanks! :) Now I gotta do an unboxing video some time. Heh. ;)

This was in pretty new condition BTW, just some wear/nicks/scratches on the outer gold sleeve cardboard, but other than that, it's new, untouched! So for $50 bucks total, to own a piece of Falcom/Ys history in their "golden years" when they primarily made Windows DirectX PC games and were NOT poisoned by THE MOST disgusting, divisive, criminal localization company in history (XXXSEED Games), not bad, not bad at all!!

For comparison, here's what the later Popular Edition looks like which I also own:

Still very beautiful boxing for these Ys treasures. :)

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!