>> Toggle Jukebox (On/Off) <<
>> Toggle Jukebox Size (Tiny/Max) <<
 

Last Shout - Posted by: NightWolve - Feb. 23, 2017, 08:32:37 PM
Just got blocked by @XSEEDGames on Twitter a second ago.. :( I just wanted to thank the jerks for having kept their divisive, poisonous, criminal hands off of the new Ys VIII title & Gurumin which means I can legitimately support Falcom in the US again! Falcom is becoming Great Again in the Trump era, who would've thought!! Hahaha!
Downloads Area

Downloads->Xak III Patch + Utilities->Xak III English Patch v1.00 [ Search ]

Xak III English Patch v1.00
Name Xak III English Patch v1.00
Description Well, this patch took quite some time and difficutly to produce...
January 15, 2002 resulted in the first full script dump; there
were some extraction issues with a few strings due to control
codes, but I figured those out later on. Around that time, Z0rn showed
up to offer to translate it, but of course, with my luck he was gone
after the mere translation of 60 strings. This project was my reason
for building a translation management tool, which to this day, I still
work on for additional features.

Around Saturday, March 09, 2002, Dave Shadoff recommended I talk to
Paul England who had been around the Turbo List asking about the
possibility of PCE translations. He came on board the project, and
was able to become familiar with my translation tool to begin working.
Progress was fast in the beginning, but slowed down dramatically with
Paul's schedule. June 04, 2002 was the last major update I got
from Paul before the BETA release. On Friday, July 05, 2002, a month
of no translation effort, I had completed all hacking work, and I
had ordered the script manually as it appears when playing the game,
to give Paul the correct sequence and thus context of the storyline.

Returning the new translation tool, with the best possible script
management, I left the ball in Paul's court for the rest. Wednesday,
October 02, 2002, Paul's final work arrived at long last. I went to
work editing, finalizing, etc. to produce the first beta patch around
October 08, 2002... I decided to include 2 types of patches, one
for the .ISO data track ripp, and the other for the proper full bin/cue
ripp.

All in all, the hacking work took me about 3-4 months in total. The
translation, the tools, the script management took the most time and
is still ongoing... Well, the beta release came after ~9 months of
wait and hard work. And now the close-to-final release...

It appears 12:44 PM 6/14/2004 is the date/time that I finally completed
my script editing, play testing and began the release of the last patch
into distribution. Akimaru's work finally was put to good use. So, I'm
calling it quits from here on out, so it's the best it's gonna be... I
hope everyone enjoys it. Lord knows I've spent an eternity on it... Wow,
I can't believe it's been nearly 2.5 years... Well, here's to the PCE
translation scene!!!
Sent by NightWolve
Size 233.07 Kb
Votes Votes: 8 - Average: 4.76


Screenshots -
Demo URL /projects/xak3/
Download File
Download File Add a Comment Rate
Comments

Stat
There are 13 files on the Database
Most Downloaded: Ys Typing Tutor Game v0.85
Most Viewed: TurboRip v1.40 - The PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 CD-ROM ISO/WAV/CUE Ripper!!
Most Rated: Ys I Complete English Patch v1.27

Total users browsing Downloads Area: 1 (0 Registered Members 1 Guest and 0 Anonymous Members)
Members are: