Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Poll

Which version of Ys IV is your favorite?

Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (Super Famicom)
8 (9.9%)
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (PC Engine Super CD-ROM²)
43 (53.1%)
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun - A New Theory (PS2)
3 (3.7%)
I love 'em all / Can't decide
27 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Vote for your favorite version of Ys IV!  (Read 39046 times)

Offline Haven

• Dennis Pulido
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Who knows? The Shadow knows!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for your favorite version of Ys IV!
« Reply #40 on: Mar. 24, 2006, 02:47:58 PM »
Why would it be called "The Dawn of Ys"? It is not going to be a "The Dawn of Ys" remake. It will be a Mask of the Sun remake.

That's called the "Misleading Title" trick

Hopefully the Ys IV remake would be the definitive part IV of the story

But I think they should add "Wanderers of" to the title^^

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jun. 01, 2006, 06:07:08 AM »
You got some crazy ideas, Haven.  :) But you're right, Ys isn't a very suitable name to the series other than I and II. I played Mask of the Sun for SNES and I'm playing Dawn of Ys now, and I have to say DoY is MUCH better. It's been a while since I played MotS and I don't remember all of the story so well, but the story in DoY is great. I couldn't help myself and after a while I read the whole script and I really like the way they conected everything to the story of I and II. And the whole thing about reviving that guy works better for me than the story in MotS. Anyway, I'm voting for it. I haven't played the PS2 version, but everywhere I read about it says that it's pretty crappy. I really hope Falcom remakes it for the PC (and Ys V too!)

p.s. The translation for Dawn of Ys is great, NightWolve! A shame you couldn't fit in some subtitles, then it would be perfect.

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #42 on: Jun. 01, 2006, 08:13:49 AM »
Ranzor: What happens in DoY doesn't really "happen" -- i.e. Dark Fact is never resurrected, Sara never comes back to life, etc. It's all Hudson's own story and isn't part of the real Ys timeline.
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline xneoangel

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jun. 01, 2006, 08:29:11 AM »
Could you be careful with the spoilers? i havent finished the game yet.  :~(

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #44 on: Jun. 01, 2006, 10:12:30 AM »
Oh dear, I'm sorry. A bit of advice: never read anything about a game until you've finished it. Every time I look up something about a game I'm currently playing, I'm always accidentally finding lots of spoilers ruining a lot of the fun.
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline xneoangel

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Jun. 01, 2006, 05:01:44 PM »
Ok then i'll take your advice, i don't like to read spoilers about a game im playing.  :P

/xneoangel runs away off this thread before he ends up reading a Dawn of Ys or a Mask of The Sun(i also havent finished this one yet) spoiler.
« Last Edit: Jun. 01, 2006, 05:15:17 PM by xneoangel »

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Jun. 02, 2006, 06:48:07 AM »
Seldane, I know that Dawn of Ys isn't the official sequel and that Hudson took many liberties with Falcom's script, still, I like some elements of this better than Mask of the Sun, and it would be nice if Falcom combined some things from it when they do the REAL official version of the game. As far as I know, Tokinhouse developed MotS alone and is not a hundred percent true to Falcom's original script. Anyway, I'm not much for ressurecting dead characters, and I didn't specially like the return of Fact and Sara (but she didn't die in Hudson's version of Ys I and II, so it's not really a ressurection). The thing I liked was the whole story of Arem, Lord Lefance's old enemy. I also liked how they interwined Dark Fact and the Black Pearl with the story of Selceta. As far as I remember, this wasn't in MotS, but it's been a while since I played that game, so I could be wrong. I guess I'll just have to replay it some time.

Offline IinoSama

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Apr. 15, 2009, 05:48:33 PM »
Lol everyone stop hassling Nightwolve... it's just a poll... and on the thought of polls... GO DAWN OF YS... (I love the Turbografx and all its precursors / demented spawn ofs... hehe)