Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: "congratulations you warez monkey. You're running the latest stolen patch"  (Read 6348 times)

Offline Dankrigannon

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
HAHAHA... I was on a bt site (Blackcats-Games), and someone uploaded Oath with the patch... and I think it is great that when they run the auto install patch they get that.  here is a quote from someone.

"did anyone else notice the auto-patcher at the start of the install for the English Patch?
It automatically tried to download the latest version -- and it said something like;
"congratulations you warez monkey.  You're running the latest stolen patch"
I didn't see it completely as it flashed on fast"

I think that is great......  THey can still install the patch, but atleast they know who they are, and what there status is in life.  a "cheap WAREZ fuck!".... I love it. I swear when I saw that post I started crying I was laughing so hard.   

Here is a pic of the screen they get when WAREZ monkeys install the patch. 

I dont know if this has been covered in here, if it has I will delete the post.   But I thought it was great. 
« Last Edit: Mar. 31, 2007, 01:42:46 PM by Dankrigannon »
To Make the End of Battle

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Alright, I moved this back for ya. I was caught in a position where the more the leak was talked about here, the more the begrudging donators went back to being freeloaders. Pretty much, this robbery operation succeeded in costing me hundreds and it has not been easy getting my mind off of it these past months while trying to work on more important things... As word continued to spread, the donation frequency dropped to where it became rare. So catch-22. Do I express any more rage here publicly knowing what it'll do or continue to keep quiet about it and forgo naming names, providing exact details and so forth? It's been a real bitch...

Anyway, yeah, that message was about all I could do. To date, I've got about maybe 3,000 that have installed that leaked copy. I lose counts for any pre-patched images going out on torrents where they've combined the patch/image, etc. and for another reason, but yeah, 3,000 would be the minimum estimate based on server logs and trends.

Well, not much I can do about it. They will have to pay in terms of losing access to a future Ys Origin patch and a final Felghana patch that is worthless to them and their stolen copies of the game. Not many will care though; this BETA was pretty far along, minus Mural images and minor script issues here & there. It did almost come to terminating all projects and shutting my site down, but I guess I'm passed the worst of it. At one point, I truly did want the legacy of the leaker gang to be that they shut down everything and just as about a final patch was perhaps a month away in its old pirate-friendly form. It would've been a fine testament to all the greed, the costs, the destructiveness of butt-pirates in general and an easy way for me to have ended my responsibilities here. Be that as it may, I think I can remain and solve the problem by modulating them out of the fanbase, though it will be very time consuming and costly in it of itself.

This BlackCats BTW, they're brazen enough to spread even XBOX 360 and PS3 games from what I saw? That right? I saw a category for those systems since this bt site turned up on my referrers list a while back, so I checked it out. I prefer ZERO association with fucks like these. ZERO. Unfortunately, the leaker gang linked me up to many fucking places like that...

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
Heh, I just got a new computer, just reinstalled Oath in Felghana, and installed my legitimately acquired beta patch, and it cussed me out.  =P 

Oh, and as a quick note, apparently, the link in the patcher for the latest patch for Felghana is broken.

And the game so far seems to run fine on Vista, patcher as well.  AppLocale doesn't install normally on Vista however, and hasn't been updated for Vista, but there's a workaround to install it, although it refused to work with the installer.  The game installed fine without it however, though not sure if that's because the problems were only with Ys I + II or if something in Vista took care of that little problem.  Guess I'll find out when I reinstall Ys I + II. =P

Offline Zapages

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Prince of Persia Legacy
That's a great way to get at them... lol... :) I'm still waiting for the legal patch to release by Nightwolve...  I haven't got chance to finish origin yet as I want to finish up Felghana know whats going on.

I'm glad to hear Nightwolve hasn't decided to close down this place, as it would have been a great lost to all the Ys fans out there... Thanks man for keeping this place open. :)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Heh, I just got a new computer, just reinstalled Oath in Felghana, and installed my legitimately acquired beta patch, and it cussed me out.  =P 

Yeah, I just told any new donators to ignore that. It was intended as a universal message delivery system, but I can make it skip later on with a new version. Right now, I can't though.

Thanks man for keeping this place open. :)

Well, I found myself in another catch-22. I needed the money and shutting down meant carrying even more credit card debt. I had to sit here and keep things going for whatever donations would come. I would've missed out on Courtney and a few others that made last minute, big, lump sum donations. Then there was Psycho DeuceBag really wanting to see Ys Origin completed and not have things end this way, yadda yadda. I was ready though. There were a few days there where I was inches away from pulling the plug. I was looking at the forum tables on the admin panel and getting ready for mass deletion, followed by all static files. The thought of terminating everything though that's taken me years to build because of a gang of thieves turned out to be more than I could bear. On the other hand, ending my responsibilities here would've freed up my time to get my career back on track, something I've been postponing for an unusually long time... That's been the big catch-22 for me actually.

Anyway, I'm still here, but I've gone on that hiatus to take care of more important business before finishing up the patch. It isn't technically on purpose. It's that what the thieves originally (originally, which is key) didn't comprehend was that "special surprise" as of January 07 only dealt with a segment of butt-pirates that combine my patches with the Japanese image and spread that. This was easy to deal with and was already finished in January. After their theft of my patch and their relentless spreading of it though, I decided to deal with pirated copies as a whole, not just an image that has been combined with the patch. To do that though requires a lot of research which I still have yet to finish. I spent the time that I had between February and April, but I didn't achieve what needs to be done. Of course, early during the leak, I spent time trying to identify the leaker himself. Unfortunately, that time didn't yield much results and nobody that knows something about the leak has come forward.

I realize the few dedicated Falcom fans that there are who did the right thing and bought the game are stuck having to wait, but had I continued as planned and finished with the old model of the patch around mid February or early March, the thieves basically would've had their cake and eaten it too. Things were headed in this direction anyway. I've been sick of them spying, lurking, leeching around here, etc. If I was looking for an answer as to why 98% ignore the PayPal Donate solicitation, the answer was a great big fucking "DUH!!!" I have been trying in futility to separate a stingy thief from his money, assuming they even have a credit card and any money... It was odd to see how original owners were accounting for the big donations when they just spent $100+ on a game. It seemed counterintuitive to me at first, but then it made sense.

Anyhow, I figure if I just deal with original owners, by reducing the scope of the fanbase to just them, I'll have less headaches in the future. I don't care about a large fanfare that comes with thousands of users through theft of the game. They mostly never spoke anyway; they were just good for lurking & leeching. If they did bring themselves to say thank you once in a while, that too was done begrudgingly.

Offline Kryndon

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Whoo, first post.  I'm still in the process of playing through Felghana, and I'm loving every minute of it.  Especially the music!  I had remembered thinking the music for Ys III was good back on the Genesis, but the remixes here are amazing.  And of course, your translation is as good as almost any commercial game I've played (and far better than the vast majority).  The only thing I wish the game had was voice acting (I rather enjoyed it in Napishtim, even if the acting in that game wasn't particularly great).

Like was mentioned before, thanks for not giving up on all of us.  I love Ys, and Falcom, and am extremely appreciative of being given the opportunity to play them.  That being said, don't feel like you owe us anything, and do feel free to screw over the warez jerks as much as possible :)

And I have no idea if I could ever be of any use to you, but if you ever need a reasonably competent programmer to help out with anything, let me know.

Offline Chalavet

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
A few years back I made a great friend who is a die hard PC Engine fan.  Thanks to him, I am a proud owner of a Duo, but I am also aware that there is more to rpgs beyond 16-bit Squaresoft...Falcom definitely holds their own.  Although I am late to the party (just finished Ys I on the system this Spring semester and made it about a quarter of the way through Ys II), I jumped on Ys VI on the PS2, and I absolutely loved it.  Hearing that Ys I and II for the PS2 / PC were supposedly like YS VI (I can't say for certain as I still haven't played them), I scored one off of ebay.  After watching the intros to Ys Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin on Youtube numerous times, I ended up picking up both while in Japan for about 4000 yen each (I even got the limited edition one of Ys OiF!!!).  Now all I need to do is take care of 2 more weeks of studying before I can get back to any videogame playing. 

Offline Chalavet

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Oh yes, so I made a donation of $20 to the cause,  How can I go about obtaining the patch to the game?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
It was in the first email I sent you. The links are there as well as the translation for the missing Mural text. It went to your @lycos.com address. Well, I sent it again to all your addresses. Check now.

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Xenosaga Episodio 3: En castellano
Well, not much I can do about it. They will have to pay in terms of losing access to a future Ys Origin patch and a final Felghana patch that is worthless to them and their stolen copies of the game.

It's a pity that in this days pirancy have come to a common used word, people that do it despise totally the many hours and dedication that a proyect as a videogame it requires. Composer, ilustrator, animators, all this mens an women that work for a mere monkey with a DVD burner get it in one day with the Emule... they have been mistaken of hobbye, they only want to get everything that he see in the google, "enjoy" it 2 or 3 days, and later they forget it...

I hope to play in the future Ys Origin in spanish or english, i hope that the pirancy will not be a impedimet to enjoy it.

... "Felicidades mono roba juegos, estas ejecutando el último parche robado" hahahah T_T what a society disgust ¬¬
Las verdades se fabrican a partir de pequeñas mentiras.