Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Site is temporarily back.  (Read 3890 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Site is temporarily back.
« on: Feb. 04, 2008, 01:51:07 AM »
Well, I've managed to get the site working again, but not exactly as before... A different server configuration is no longer allowing me to add-on my free NO-IP domain 'nick.serveblog.net' for use in conjunction with the main domain this web space is configured for (arrowsmash.com) - all the result of sharing space from somebody else and not owning it yourself. The only thing I could do was create a subdomain 'nick.arrowsmash.com' and map it to my home directory, then configure the NO-IP domain to at least redirect to that. That's the best I can do in the meantime to keep the site going till the deadline. Note: you'll have to relogin, but most things should still work.

It appears the server owners went ahead and upgraded to a new server, something my friend didn't mention was going to happen so soon after contacting me (I guess it occured on Jan 30th). I'm not sure when it happened exactly though, but after coming back online today, I noticed the site was down. I thought I had until March 1st to do something, so I got a bit worried files may have been removed. Fortunately, the problems were just DNS related, and I got things going again, somewhat at least. Some data after Jan. 29th was lost, but it looks like it was only 3 posts, one of which I was able to restore.

Anyhow, this is all related to the March 1st deadline. As my previous post requests, if you have any hosting suggestions/ideas, let me know as soon as possible! I'll try to search for hosting options myself, but if I don't find any by March, I'll likely stay offline until further notice. I can't devote that much time to it.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: Feb. 06, 2008, 08:05:51 AM »
Well, a bump in the road man but surely not the end! I'll see if I can help out with this... I know of one host that might be so kind but unsure of the space available.

Offline X-Calibar

• Experienced Guildsman
  • Gustave
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: Feb. 11, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »
Any luck finding a host?  I wrote a reply but I think it was lost when the site hiccuped that day.
I don't really know where to find a cheap, reliable host featuring the things you need...
I could always send you links to my favorite sites, and try to determine if one of them has your requirements...  And I could always probably google providers if wanted.  

But, personally I have no experience with site hosting...

If you are forced to shut the site down for a while... make sure you come back eventually!
That paypal button needs at least one more click from me after I play Ys 3...

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re:
« Reply #3 on: Feb. 13, 2008, 03:12:44 PM »
I got word from my friend yesterday that he might be able to help me out when we move off the current server. Things might work out.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!