Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: News from Falcom  (Read 5132 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
News from Falcom
« on: Mar. 15, 2007, 04:10:09 AM »
Ys Origin just got bigger/better! Falcom is now offering an extra enhancement disc to owners! You'll need to send your Ys Origin registration serial # and only pay a shipping charge to get it. Features: Adol as a playable character, Very Easy & Nightmare difficulty modes, Diary feature, etc. among other things. A few have already put in their orders via email, so we'll find out soon enough how well that goes.

http://www.falcom.co.jp/yso/system/systemex.html

> >>Lot more screenshots here<<

Also, there is an updated regular patch now available, version 1.1.0.0. I will probably update that Setup Utility patch when I have some free time later to install and patch with this instead. (The last version was 1.0.0.5.) Seems with this version they've optimized the game code a bit and it's running a little faster now.

http://www.falcom.com/yso/program.html

http://www.falcom.com/download/support/yso/yso_1100.zip

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Speciial T

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: Mar. 15, 2007, 04:43:58 PM »
I'm completely against the piracy of video game software due to it hurting the video game creators, but since this is honestly freeware (just pay for shipping) will this extra be available for download somewhere or only directly through mail order from Falcom? If I can save a few extra bucks by down loading this I think that would probably be better for me, unless it comes with special packaging or additional material (I just bought a house, & trying to save money).

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re:
« Reply #2 on: Mar. 15, 2007, 07:44:46 PM »
Well, it's a CD-ROM by the looks of it. So, A) I likely couldn't host it here given space considerations and B) if in fact I could, it would seem to me to be a way to undercut Falcom's efforts to reward original owners, as anybody who didn't buy the game would get the benefit of the download if I did that.

Offline Speciial T

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: Mar. 15, 2007, 10:27:41 PM »
By Origin registration serial # I guess you mean the serial number on the back of the box?

Should I just email them this number?

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: Mar. 15, 2007, 11:37:34 PM »
By Origin registration serial # I guess you mean the serial number on the back of the box?

Should I just email them this number?
----------

The number they are asking for is inside the box, it's on a white sheet of paper that looks like a registration form.

Offline marus

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: Mar. 15, 2007, 11:38:48 PM »
In the box there should be a white piece of paper with a bunch of survey questions on it (assuming you didn't trash it, if you did you may be in trouble).  Look for where it says シリアルNo.  That's the number you want; it should be 6 digits.  There's a picture near the bottom of the first link, although it's a bit small.

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: Mar. 16, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »
I'm still waiting on word on how much shipping is going to be for it.  Meh, who am I kidding, I'll probably get it regardless.  Though, it's rather annoying playing the game lately, my laptop has a tendency to overheat after playing for a short while (45-60 min?).  Framerate drops to nonexistant.  Even with a separate cooling pad/fan underneath the laptop, it still doesnt help.  Even World of Warcraft didn't make the computer get this hot (though it did get hot and suffer framerate issues afterwards), nor did Oath in Felghana (as long as I was using the fan).  I have to alt-tab out for a few minutes while it cools off...  I can't play it on the household desktop, as the DVD drive stopped working, and all it has to use is a CD-RW drive. =/  Ah well, still managed to beat Hugo's story at least, working on Yunica's slowly but surely.  

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re:
« Reply #7 on: Mar. 16, 2007, 06:32:10 AM »
Your registration card is a white piece of paper folded in two that is inside the DVD case. The back side of it always has the number 190-0012 in a big font. Below that, close to the middle where you see some Japanese and "No.", there is a number stamped on in a black ink. It's all underlined. That's your serial number. On the frontside, it's at the top right, again, right after " シリアルNo. "

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: Mar. 16, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »
Guess I didn't make myself clear enough. Tongue

Offline Speciial T

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: Mar. 16, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
Thanks to all those that responded.

And ViperD your explaination was clear I just wasn't by a computer to repsond. Thanks again!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re:
« Reply #10 on: Mar. 17, 2007, 01:07:46 AM »
Oh, I didn't see marus' comment. Let's see if I can fix the Japanese codes he pasted.