Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim News/Downloads/More... Boycott XSEED Games!!!  (Read 11089 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
VINDICATED!
I haven't done sufficient updates to keep up with recent events but as many XSEED fans on Twitter know the company was BUSTED bigtime for cheating Brittany Avery after being fired with the disgraced Tom-chan "The KKK Witch" Lipschultz. This led to the fashionably flamboyant Executive Commander Sterling to produce this most excellent video lambasting XSEED for cheating people!Stayed tuned for Tuesday, April 28, 2015 for a very important announcement and a special surprise for all Ys fans!
Download Full Game or Fan Patch!!! Get it while it's hot!
For those with import copies direct from Falcom, either the Limited Edition or Standard Edition
Download1: >> Ys VI English Fan Patch Released <<
Thanks be to The Pirate Bay, Heroes of the Internet!!! Oh lookie here, those rascals sure DO work fast! VERY FAST!!
Download2: >> FULL GAME DOWNLOAD: Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim [XSEED/GOG] (2015) << -  Get your free Ys VI right here, if you'd prefer to play XSEED's GOG version itself!! So fire up that torrent client! :) - Updated 5/8/2015
Download3: thepiratebay.se/torrent/.../Ys_VI_The_Ark_of_Napishtim_gog_extras - Updated 5/8/2015

Synopsis: To "honor" X.X.XSEED Games' Ys VI Steam release on this day, April 28, 2015, I resurrected a long forgotten 2004 translation project in time for a simultaneous release of my own as part of a, shall we say, "Boycott XSEED Games, Get FREE Games/Patches!!!" program! :P Consider it a free alternative (if you will) to their played-out pay-to-play "Steam Scheme" - the product of nothing more than a cynical desire to continue to profit off of poor devoted Ys fans with a ~12+ year old game this time... Why give your hard-earned money to disgusting, criminal cheats for what can be had for FREE??

Great news: Psycho DeuceBag = Denied! Even though Jeff Nussbaum was also sitting on the Ys VI translated results from our 2004 project "eager" to one day "sell" them to X.X.XSEED (https://twitter.com/MoriyaMug/.../9796864) and could've potentially unjustly and illegally profited off of my back for the 5th time, they rejected another criminal sneak/cheat job to have him transfer the text over for editing!! Instead, they had their Celceta translator, Daniel Prescott, do a new LEGAL/MORAL/ETHICAL one from scratch who has neither a criminal nor cock-flashing past, so a wise PR choice! Hopefully my boycott and exposing them had something to do with it, but I suspect DunceBag's translation failures in the ED6:FC PSP version also played a role in rejecting our ready-to-go work! He began to see as early as Nov. 12th, 2012 that he wouldn't work with them again on another Ys game, which is 6 months after I called Ken Berry to stop this criminality from going on any further!

Remember, the criminals of XSEED refuse to admit they did ANYTHING wrong in their divisive exploitation of fan-translated results, in sneaking around to acquire them, in perpetrating "unjust enrichment" in Psycho DeuceBag's favor, and thus damaging ALL fan-translation team relationships between the programmer and translator, whereby according to them, the translator gets to criminally run off with the results, profit 100%, get credited 100%, should genuine for-profit commercialization occur! No programmer should EVER trust ANY translator that they're working with should opportunities like this arise again! WATCH YOUR BACK! That is what the criminal "XSEED precedent" left us with whether or not such disgusting bastards ever admit to it!!! Thomas Lipschultz is as arrogant as he is bigoted, and this denial will continue!

Continue Reading... (Post Status: 100% I guess)

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net

Click for double-sized view:

And now a message from XSEED Games, employee of the month, Thomas Lipschultz!

Offline Drakul

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Hey Nick! Long time!

I booted my PC-E today with Ys IV and remembered I had gotten your patch waaaaaaaaay back when (iirc you were done with text but were starting on dubbing or some such).

Anyway I just saw this and I could care less about the release since I already have the same boxed copy as you, I picked it up at the crack of dawn on release after clubbing all night and before heading to TGS. T'was a good day!
The patch I have for VI is 1.0.0.9, then Y6_tujyou then 1.2.0.2.
Are these the same or is it a different one?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
The fan patch handles both of those, it'll work with it. You could do well to find the patch that upgrades it to standard edition, but yeah, it'll work. My patcher will upgrade you with Falcom's latest, but you have LE so it would be 1.0.0.9. There's a 15 meg patch to update the data.na file to make it SE if you want. Better yet, get the pirate bay link downloads -  no need to be deprived of a new script from a translator who isn't a criminal cock-flashing cheat if you can download it. You have choices. :)

I had to point this out to Psycho PruvMeRong actually but downloading XSEED games for free is just as much a boycott as far as my purposes, the criminal cheats inside this company who didn't respect the IP of my translation software let alone care about my work hours are not getting a dime as their IP and work hours need not be respected by the public either... Cheaters deserve to get cheated on, seems fair enough to me!

So no, I don't call for Ys fans to be deprived of new Ys games, but just know if you ever give them your money, you're doing so to a company that supports cheating software devolpers because Thomas Lipschultz hated one in particular and it was made possible by a criminal backstabbing translator who willingly chose to go along with it all... Bad way to run a business if you ask me... Lipschultz could've used the chance to make peace, heal, end drama, but he wanted to go with punishing, persecution, blacklisting as that's all in his disgusting ideological nature. It's clear to any decent human being they should've hired a legit translation company rather than exploit fan translated results tied to work hours of someone they didn't wanna see credited... I can't be the only one that sees this! But you're not dealing with "decent" let alone honest people here, no, not by a long shot!

Are you proud of yourself Thomas ?? Did you save/spare XSEED all that negative PR/controversy you claim your disgusting company would've suffered under had I been credited ? ... Sad fact is, the problem with a bigoted malcontent such as yourself, the answer is yes... They're willing to take all the negative PR from me by NOT crediting me, so I guess that shows yet another phony red herring argument, one of many, by Thomas Lipschultz... I've seen so much propaganda come out of his lying mouth it makes me sick!

Offline Drakul

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Well of course I wouldn't feel bad downloading the game from the bay since 'history' and I own the game anyway so it doesn't matter.
I'll grab the SE since you recommend it. Since the gog version is already in english what does your patch do exactly?
« Last Edit: Jul. 06, 2015, 02:00:52 PM by Drakul »

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
It's the result of the fan project that began in 2004 with me and Psycho DeuceBag. So the translation is mostly via his work hours (9X% completed) with loose ends filled in by me using Konami's script from the PS2 port. X.X.XSEED legally used Daniel Prescott, their Celceta translator, so between their GOG version and my fan patch, you get different translation styles/results for one thing. For those that have the Japanese LE or SE from Falcom and don't want to download a 1GB file, they can use the fan patch and get it going.

Honest advice: Want the best translation and editing ? That's gonna be with X.X.XSEED as Psycho DeuceBag is a WWWJDIC machine translation failure as was made clear in the Legend of Heroes 6 First Chapter debacle for the PSP, though they fixed his failures for the Steam PC version.

Here's the lowdown about LOH6 PSP, you don't have to take my word for it:

http://ask.fm/Disgaeamad/answer/111553137344

Quote from: Disgaeamad
FC's translation is such a disaster during parts that a specific person handled that it's sickening to think he actually got paid for it. Mistranslations, guesslations, you name it; it's all there, and a lot of it is stuff that even someone who just started learning the language could pick up on, too. The best part of it all is that the culprit is Deuce, the guy who the western Ys fanbase idolises as some sort of hero of translation.

Whoever he is, I don't know him nor have any connection to him (AFAIK), so he wasn't doing me some negative PR favor cause Psycho DeuceBag and X.X.XSEED are criminal sneak cheats that don't respect the IP Rights and work hours of software developers... That's all his honest opinion looks like.

Offline Drakul

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Oh yeah no I remember the LoH6 translation shit. I didn't know the backstory with Deuce at the time but I read all about the shitty translation on RPGFan and other since I'm a falcom fanboy and was a bit pissed about it.

I booted Ys6 to test and it works no problem but I was surprised to hear no voices whatsoever. Are their none in the game? seems like a step down from Ys IV and the remakes that came after.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Yeah, Falcom never dubbed their original PC version, that was Konami's idea for their PS2 port. But that brings me to an idea for both a future patch and full installer with 3 options: 1) XSEED option, installs with their script, 2) Konami option, installs their script word for word with dubbing samples taken from the PS2 port as well, and 3) B.J.Psycho DeuceBag fan option, should you want to play with his translation style back from the 2004 fan project. It's debatable though if I should even bother to further salvage Psycho DeuceBag's work (guess I mostly already did). I figure it might be interesting to some to compare, even find the errors and what not and because it was unreleased till now. Anyway, a full installer and patch with script options is an idea for something in the far off future, when/if, etc.

Offline Drakul

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Personally I'm not a fan of dubs, in fact I have burnt several Undubs in the past and if the original version has no voice then that's fine with me. It just seems weird since IV had voices (not sure on V).

Speaking of IV I made a post in the thread but I don't know if you saw it. It may be a stupid question but I patched the .bin (had to send it to a friend to patch for me cause the bat is incompatible with 64bit systems and nowadays that's tough to find :P).
Anyway I patched it and was going to burn it but I realized the image is 736MB and CDs are only 700MB so maybe noob of me but I wasn't sure how to proceed. I burnt it anyway and the burning went fine but when I popped it in my PC-E I got a 'run disk error' message.
Do you know what I did wrong?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
I PM'ed you a link to a full Ys IV ISO/WAV/CUE image file set which is prepatched. You can try burning it instead.

The problem could be due to several reasons:

* CD-R media brand, try another, make sure to burn slow in DAO mode preferably.
* The burning software perhaps, I use ImgBurn - https://www.ysutopia.net/software/ImgBurn.zip
* Your PC Engine CD's laser is getting weak or could use potentiometer tweaking - does it work with any CD-Rs or only with real CDROMs ? Check on that.

Good luck.