Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: How is Xak III?  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
How is Xak III?
« on: Jan. 23, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »
I've been interested in playing this game for a long time, and since I recently got a PC Engine Duo-R and even more recently RGB modded said machine, I'm definitely considering playing this game real soon. The English patch isn't making this any less exciting.

Have you played this game? Is it good? How is it like?

Thank you. :shy:
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
RE: How is Xak III?
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 23, 2006, 11:33:08 PM »
If you check my WIP Xak3 page, you'll find I now have 8 pages of screenshots (6 images per page) to give the audience some more eye candy, finally. That's more than I've ever had, and I even added 3 more for Ys IV. I should've had that many in the past to have helped showcase its quality.

Anyhow, that might help and also, here's a review, although the guy's English isn't all that great:

http://www.pcengine.com.br/Xak3/xak_iii.htm

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 24, 2006, 07:41:05 AM »
Awesome screenshots. The game looks even better than I would have expected. It just went up a couple of steps on my "to play"-list. ;)

Oh, and you might want to contact whoever made that review. His patch links aren't up-to-date.

About the Ys IV screenshots, personally I find some of them them fairly "spoiling" (is that even a word?). Perhaps a little warning would be in order here?
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Offline duke4711

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan. 27, 2006, 02:59:20 PM »
Xak III is a great game. I admit, the only reason why I got it in the first place is because of Nightwolve's translation. In fact, I never even heard of it until the translation came out. But it was good enough to hold my interest. I play it for a little while off and on, but I like it. I got it off of Ebay for $60. I Don't know if thats a good price or not. Someone please let me know if I got ripped off.
Great spirits have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #4 on: Jan. 27, 2006, 04:57:15 PM »
Well, I wouldn't have paid that much for it. $20 USD would be my price for it new, but it's ebay so you're dealt with whatever happens. I got DraculaX for $85 new back in the day. That's $25 more than what you paid for that and given the two games, to me, I couldn't justify $60 for such an old game like Xak III.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline duke4711

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan. 27, 2006, 07:00:44 PM »
Yeah, I figured $60 was a little steep, but I got it factory sealed, maybe thats why the guy wanted more for it. I had been searching around for it for a few weeks, and when I saw it I just bought it. I did, however, pick up a copy of Ys IV for $10. I think I got that off of Yahoo auctions. That was a deal since I've seen it go on Ebay for $50 or $60. He probably didn't know what he had.
Great spirits have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-Albert Einstein

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #6 on: Jan. 29, 2006, 02:56:01 PM »
Ys IV is not worth more than 10 dollars. Maybe 15 (I'm talking Ebay). It's practically dirt in Japan. Not worth anything.

If you haven't noticed, it never sells on Ebay when the price is over $30. I've seen it sell for $25 at most. And that was a new copy.