Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: New Ys II Complete v1.02 English Patch Goes Public!  (Read 3048 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
New Ys II Complete v1.02 English Patch Goes Public!
« on: Jan. 05, 2007, 04:40:52 AM »
This pretty much completes most of what I wanted to see happen with the Ys I & II Complete line of patches. They are now both up-to-date. A few script fixes are included, patcher fixes and image edits. Note: I deleted the old hotfix patch in the Ys II Complete section, since with this new patch, it is no longer needed.

So basically, I suddenly got the urge to wrap this project up after johnnybleu finished the last image edits I wanted, namely, to remove the remaining "ETERNAL" references in the game and change them to "COMPLETE". (The image gallery for Ys II Complete shows you which ones.) Anyway, this will be pretty much the last update for the Ys II Complete patcher for a long time. I *might* someday return to the Ys I & II Complete project for one final enhancement, to enable the patchers to install from an original Japanese game disc, thus avoiding the problems of having to boot in Japanese mode, using App Locale, or installing the games manually. Other than that, both games are over with and I'm very happy about that. It's been 4 years...

Clicky Here!

Also, if you were one of the first 6 people who downloaded it, please download and run it again. You'll notice your title screen will still say ETERNAL if you are one of the 6 with a bad patch.

Well, all my attention is now left towards Felghana. Onward I march. Oh yes, but first, the Ys II separate project page will go up tonight. Look for it here:

https://www.ysutopia.net/translations/ys2c/

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline RyuRanX

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: New Ys II Complete v1.02 English Patch Goes Public!
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 09, 2007, 06:21:36 PM »
You did a great job on Ys I&II. Ys fans will never forget your name (and Psycho DeuceBag's).

Now march my hero, Felghana awaits...
The Light of the Blind you’ll see
The venom that tears my spine
The Eyes of the Nile are opening - you’ll see