Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: The Konami Special - Saying Goodbye to the Konami as You Once Knew it... :(  (Read 4058 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-04-30-what-is-happening-at-konami
"After years of decline, one of Japan's publishing legends [Konami] is poised to exit the console market. ... How does a company like that end up ditching its New York Stock Exchange listing, its most famous developer [Hideo Kojima] and the eagerly awaited revival of one of its most-loved game franchises, all in the space of a month?"

Cleaning house, making way for "Konami: International Gambling Masters." ;) Well, so long Konami, for real, thanks for the memories... You will be missed... Honorable mentions go out to the Castlevania series, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Gradius/Lifeforce... And with that, I leave you with 2 great ani-GIFs that capture the situation well:

Well, you can't blame Solid Snake for turning on Hideo, I
mean, he did all the real work, risk-taking, getting shot at,
in the Metal Gear saga and probably for shitty pay, then was
left with "A Hideo Kojima game" stamped on all over
the place, Hideo trying to glory hog/take most of the credit...
You'd be pissed too, wouldn't you?? He had it coming I say! :P
Konami Kat - What a jerk!!!

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Drakul

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
I've been pissed at Konami ever since they changed the wavy logo :)

Offline Shakku

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Pity! I don't know what took them to do this but i think they're making a mistake on this one.Gaming Market is where they most succeeded,publishing and developing games and selling products linked with their main game franchises,this is what they're good at and what gave them the most profits.Their very start was in the entertainment business as they were a jukebox rental service.Now,to forsake all of this and investing on that 'get-money-from-suckers' machines they call 'pachinko' and 'gambling' apps and stuff...seriously? I feel bad for the employees and the consumers.Nice GIFs,NightWolve! They really help to explain the situation a lot.I'm gonna miss Konami too!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!