Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Ordering Oath in Felghana - best places to order? + other concerns.  (Read 20020 times)

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
Re: Ordering Oath in Felghana - best places to order? + other concerns.
« Reply #40 on: Jul. 04, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
They have an US address (see "About Himeya")
I know I got all my games from japan, but that doesn't count because I live in France ;)
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline leokitty

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jul. 05, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »

Anybody know anything about this? When did this happen, when their site was redesigned and the URL changed? Or has this always been the case? I could swear Himeya had a US basing and you'd get regular shipping rates and so forth, so my assumption was that the import shipping cost was factored into the price already. This is just very pricey markup and the only benefit is an English online shopping cart that's easy to work with as far as I can see... Pffft.

It's been like this for at least a year. When I was first ordering Ys I and II I looked there first because I was a little nervous about communicating with the Falcom folks. After I saw both their markup and the shipping I decided to go straight to the source since it cost about half the price. Their price for the Felghana boxset is about $10 more than what I paid to get it direct from Falcom including shipping, ouch.

Offline Raigan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jul. 05, 2007, 09:43:18 PM »
I concur. It's best to go through Falcom. It's relatively painless even if it does take a little longer to order by trading e-mails. Fortunately they seem to have some kind of form e-mail they use that's already translated (fairly decently) into the king's English. I ordered Ys Origin through them and it came pretty swiftly. Unfortunately it's prepatched to the latest version so I don't think the translated setup patch utility works with it. I ordered Felghana through Play Asia and paid about 10-15 USD more than I should have. I did get the deluxe version with the music CDs though, so in the end I was a happy camper.
I would display an emote here, but I cannot seem to find one of a face melting off in horror.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #43 on: Jul. 06, 2007, 11:32:48 AM »
It's been like this for at least a year. When I was first ordering Ys I and II I looked there first because I was a little nervous about communicating with the Falcom folks. After I saw both their markup and the shipping I decided to go straight to the source since it cost about half the price. Their price for the Felghana boxset is about $10 more than what I paid to get it direct from Falcom including shipping, ouch.

Alright, so it wasn't my imagination then. I was certain they used to be like yesasia.com and the shipping was within the US. It would seem they're basically pointless now.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline babyima

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jul. 06, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »
I ordered from Hemeya. (Wasn't ready to try the Falcom thing.) I was quite surprised that I got Ys 1 & 2 Complete within 6 days. I ordered Ys OoF Special Edition last week, and they just shipped it yesterday, so I should get it like Tues or Wed..

Has anyone made a patch for Ys 6, I'm thinking about getting that one, then Origins?

Offline cringer_luvr

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Jul. 24, 2007, 01:07:31 PM »
I ordered my copy from Hemeya as well adn I have to say, they ship faster than anything I have ever recieved in many years, and the price wasnt to horrible.. hope this helps..    :)