Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Translation?  (Read 21734 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re: Translation?
« Reply #40 on: Mar. 10, 2006, 06:50:24 AM »
Every car has one or should. It has a honey comb structure inside of it that when heated above 400F, it'll help burn off any unburned hydrocarbons that got passed your engine. It's connected to your exhaust system (before the muffler) serving as a treatment mechanism in order to reduce pollution.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/catalytic-converter.htm

I'm sure in France of all places where they're more strict about such things, cars are required to have such devices. Although, if you're car is 16 years old, I wonder if you might be right (best info I can find is that automobiles in North America have been fitted with them since the early 1970s)... Anyway, mine cost $99 USD at AutoZone for a Toyota Corolla '90.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline adol1976

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Mar. 10, 2006, 09:52:56 AM »
Nope NW. In France Factly the cars after a certain date (10 years maybe) must have it).
Older cars like mine can still drive without. It hasn't be invented at that time\ or wasn't necessery ;)
Mine is a R5 (you know renault, french brand, little car...)
And the most interesting (in a way...) is it's so old, I can repair it myself !
No electronics at all (well no warm either...) the radio is dead...
You know what ? Let's put the photo of our cars , right ?
I will take a picture tomorrow and show you that there isn't a catalytic blabla !

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #42 on: Mar. 10, 2006, 11:20:09 AM »
You know what ? Let's put the photo of our cars , right ?
I will take a picture tomorrow and show you that there isn't a catalytic blabla !

Sounds like a fairly interesting topic, but maybe not in the Ys VI translation thread.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Mar. 10, 2006, 11:20:22 AM by Seldane »
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline adol1976

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Mar. 10, 2006, 11:51:54 AM »
Oh yeah you are right Seldane.
If NW creates a new topic on it, why not put some pictures ?
(and still your building NW ;)

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #44 on: Mar. 10, 2006, 01:43:29 PM »
Oh yeah you are right Seldane.
If NW creates a new topic on it, why not put some pictures ?
(and still your building NW ;)

Why don't you make a topic about it? Anyone can create topics you know. ;)
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Offline esteban666

• Eager Initiate
  • "Swing the Glove to Exit" -Jackie Chan POWERBOXING
    • View Profile
    • TurboPlay Magazine Archives
« Reply #45 on: Mar. 12, 2006, 04:42:42 AM »
I've done a few other things like changing the catalytic converter after my car kept failing to pass the emissions test at a local EPA testing facility. The mechanics really were gonna rip you off on a simple job like that. Two different calls to local repair shops and I got like a $100 difference in estimates. I know I got ripped off on replacing the transmission, but oh well.
You had to replace your windshield, since that's important. I would have done the same. But, if it was a less-vital part of a car....

When my driver-side window broke, I didn't have to properly repair it for a long time. I poppled open the car door, stuck in a piece of wood to prop up the window, and voila! .... my window was fixed. OR SO I THOUGHT until a few months later, on a very cold, rainy day whilst I was speeding on the freeway, MY WINDOW DROPS DOWN into my door. Apparently, the wood  propping up the window popped out of place. I arrived home cold, wet and miserable....

MORAL: i should have fixed the window properly, dammit!
  |    | 

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #46 on: Mar. 12, 2006, 12:25:36 PM »
Yeah, 50 bucks will get your driver-side glass done. 35 glass + 15 labor, something like that.

I had it broken when the car was robbed. I saw that as vital since you can't feel safe parking your car at work after that. I fixed it at the same place almost immediately after it happened again, but for the back door.

I can't believe you used wood btw. Heheh.

Offline Slayne

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Mar. 31, 2006, 10:57:03 PM »
They wanted to charge me around 150$ in GA to get a side window fixed after someone broke into it and stole it.  I laughed.

Some reason, they really wanted my car(was a pos).  Stole it once, got it back with on gas, they stole it again, gave it back with no gas and then stole it yet a 3rd time.  Never saw it after that.  Fortunately, was just a clunker, so I went and got a new car.

Was annoying at first, but afterwards, rather amusing.

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Apr. 15, 2006, 12:25:46 PM »
Yeah I had my old Volkswagon rabbits CD player stolen because the driver side vent window just popped out if you touched it, held by ductape when I was bout 18. And my friend got his old camero stolen right from my parents driveway... when we found out they had hotwired it while the keys were laying right there in the seat we had to laugh too. Dude who stole it was never caught, instead called my house to provoke a fight and I invited him over to get beat down. Funny...

Offline DasHortH

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Apr. 29, 2006, 04:23:25 PM »
Hi I'm new here but I was wondering if it is possible to update the translation project pages of felghana and napishtim, a precentage of completion with pictures or something, it looks kind of dead right now.  :~(

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #50 on: Apr. 29, 2006, 04:24:34 PM »
It won't be till at least late summer before I update any of those pages.

Offline DasHortH

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Apr. 29, 2006, 04:25:40 PM »
k...  :(

Offline MonCapitan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Cute Widdle Moogle
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Apr. 29, 2006, 08:26:05 PM »
That is a shame.  I'd definitely would like to see some screenshots of the patched game(s).
« Last Edit: Apr. 29, 2006, 08:26:28 PM by MonCapitan »

Offline MonCapitan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Cute Widdle Moogle
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Translation?
« Reply #53 on: Apr. 29, 2006, 08:42:15 PM »
Uh, well, you know, the reason I made this specific forum is because I am working on it again, otherwise, yeah, there would be no point to having this very forum... ;)

Anyhow, yes, it was killed off way back due to two main factors. One factor was that the Korean hacker who shared his hacking knowledge with me was handed a cease and desist order. He had to get his father's lawyer to deal with the situation as painless as possible. The other was that we in fact were getting our wish: Konami noticed the Ys series and decided to throw a bone to Ys fans by picking up Ys VI and localizing it for the US. What Psycho DeuceBag and I held in our hands was the power to affect Konami's sales, given that many fans would prefer the easy route of pirating the PC version and just applying our potential patch. So, given those two reasons, we dropped the project and moved on. If Konami hadn't bought the rights, we would've continued right on.

Where am I now? Well, given that the US port has sold more than all the likely units it'll sell in N. America, I figure it'd be OK to continue with the project now. I'm shooting for a Christmas '06 release, however. A little more time couldn't hurt and would reduce any chances of lost Konami sales and so forth, etc.

So yeah, that's whole story on that.

Oh, if you haven't already seen this, here's a little teaser Gillian made:

http://gillianseed.free.fr/video/ys6play.avi
I just downloaded that video and I noticed that there was no spoken dialogue.  Was voice acting added by Konami when they ported the game over to the consoles?

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #54 on: Apr. 30, 2006, 06:55:26 AM »
Yes. The PC version has no spoken dialogue whatsoever.

Offline MonCapitan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Cute Widdle Moogle
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Apr. 30, 2006, 08:16:22 AM »
Ahh.  I see.  I should have figured as much.  Lack of voice acting does not bother me.  If I can get a copy of the game, the lack of voice acting will not be a disincentive to purchase the game.  What is a major disincentive is my already owning a copy of the Playstation 2 version.

Offline Game_Hunter

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Jun. 25, 2006, 11:41:20 PM »
Has anyone though of doing a voice patch for Ys I&II and Ys VI ala Kanon and AIR?  I haven't played my Ys I&II for the PS2 for a long time so I dont remember what the acting was like and I dont own the PS2 version (yet, I am planning on getting the JP LE box set eventually) so I also have no idea what the PS2 voices are like.  Then again are the voices 100% compatible?  Or did Digi Cube/Konami dick around with the script when porting them?

Offline Zapages

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Prince of Persia Legacy
« Reply #57 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 09:17:45 AM »
I saw this on youtube:Maybe the patch is going to be released soon? I hope?

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 03:43:58 PM »
Oath will be first. Napishtim is fully translated but suffers from the whole Japanese menus problem right now.
« Last Edit: Sep. 27, 2006, 03:46:24 PM by ViperD »

Offline legendarygamer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Oct. 01, 2006, 07:38:22 PM »
Oath will be first. Napishtim is fully translated but suffers from the whole Japanese menus problem right now.

Really??? For the PC or your talking about the PSP and PS2 version??? I would like to know more about this info. That way I can watch for it's release. I own the Japanesse version and I'm waiting on a patch someday! :~(

I love YS and got more into it due to the english patch NightWolve did for the other versions. Thanks!

Offline Falcomfan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Oct. 02, 2006, 01:30:37 PM »

Really??? For the PC or your talking about the PSP and PS2 version??? I would like to know more about this info. That way I can watch for it's release. I own the Japanesse version and I'm waiting on a patch someday! :~(

I love YS and got more into it due to the english patch NightWolve did for the other versions. Thanks!

PC

Offline adol1976

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Oct. 02, 2006, 03:25:58 PM »
NW is working for the PC version. Better version and really Falcom's.

oxylog

« Reply #62 on: Dec. 23, 2006, 12:45:02 PM »
Hi all for my first post =)

Im starting the japanese version of Ys VI and im so frustrated to not understand a word in the game.
What about the translation ? Is it possible to have an alpha translated version of the game evene with some japanese menus glitches ? :p

I love this game i dont want to play in japanese till the end of it :D

And thank you for the work you're doing =)

Bye