Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: the saddest story ever  (Read 3655 times)

Offline brandan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
the saddest story ever
« on: Oct. 30, 2006, 11:47:03 PM »
i will be losing my internet connection some time today, which means i will not get to play felghana until i get it back sometime in the unforeseeable future. :(

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re: the saddest story ever
« Reply #1 on: Oct. 31, 2006, 09:59:44 AM »
You have our deepest sympathies.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Tigershard

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct. 31, 2006, 12:30:36 PM »
What does playing Felghana have to do with the internet? Nightwolve hasn't released his patch yet, and there is no date... so nothing should stop you from playing it in Japanese.

Still, not having internet sucks. Good luck!

Offline brandan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct. 31, 2006, 01:13:49 PM »
why would i want to play a game in a language i don't understand?

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct. 31, 2006, 01:25:42 PM »
Use a library and download it from there.

Offline tlaloc.quetzalcoatl

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Recovering R.I.G.G.-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov. 19, 2006, 12:42:58 PM »
i will be losing my internet connection some time today, which means i will not get to play felghana until i get it back sometime in the unforeseeable future. :(

Yes, 'tis sad. But I have an even sadder one for you. How about getting a PC-Engine LT  "Stolen" from you, and then finding the freagin' manual in one of your family members' sock drawer. If you've not been made aware of a little system called the turbografx or PC-Engine as it was called in Japan, and are reading this... I'd be amazed. In short it's rare as all f**k and cool as s**t for early 1990's technology, AND I had it moded to play SUPER CD-ROM2 games (of which 'would've' allowed me to play Ys4 (US)) arrgghhh!! Only a fellow turbo list geek out can feel my pain here... anyone here remember that ancient thing .. damn near as ancient as the fabled 'Land of Ys' herself, heh ;]

for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about... it was an $800 system that SOME would sell on e-bay for RAPE amounts. Because only a small amount of them were released IN JAPAN, they were considered a rarity as an imported console.

nobody understands... my pain..
nobody understands... what it is that put me through...
aarrgghh...
 nobody

sorry to be a little off-topic here, just trying to one-up the "sad-story" that caught my eye

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec. 14, 2006, 05:53:59 PM »
Aye... I had a good "friend" for many years when I was a teen who "borrowed" my Turbo Express (I think, the highschool years are kind of a blur...) then one day I go looking for it... "Hey man, you still got my Turbo Express right?" and his reply was "What Turboexpress?" Gone forever... with the AC adapter, Splatterhouse, and a few other games. Of course the prime suspect was the "friend" but I really have no idea who stole it from my room... or if he just pawned it.