Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Wii Virtual console  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Kusiga

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Wii Virtual console
« on: Jan. 24, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »
Hey i'm sure this has been brought up before but what does everything think the chances of Ys Book I & II appearing on it within the next two years or so? Seem to be atleast 5-6 new TurboGrafx games every month total put up on it, dunno about all the legal work and such that would involve Falcom's approve tho. Maybe even Ys IV and V for the snes later on too, could help drive up Ys hype in the US.

Offline Trunks

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Virtual console
« Reply #1 on: Jan. 24, 2007, 05:27:25 PM »
As for the TG16 CD titles, I don't think we will see any soon, they are all turbochip games (hucard).

As for the SNES version, remember only Ys III came out in english, so I don't think there will be a US release of Super Famicom's Ys IV and V.

Only time will tell...

Offline WordMan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hi. What a wonderful smell you've discovered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan. 24, 2007, 05:37:28 PM »
The Wii would need support to read channels directly off an SD card or an external USB harddrive.  The internal memory isn't enough.

No one will remember today except that two stood against many. I ask you, Father Crom, grant me victory, grant me revenge. And if you will not grant them to me; then the hell with you!

When all else fails, we shall whip the horse's eyes and make
them sleep, and cry.

Offline Trunks

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan. 24, 2007, 05:44:40 PM »
You are absolutely right, I forgot about that.

BTW, IMHO, the best home console online experience -to date- is with XB360. I dream of Falcom to release their games on 360 in HD...  :P

Or classics to download using Xbox Live service... oooh yesssss

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan. 25, 2007, 03:25:31 AM »
The Wii would need support to read channels directly off an SD card or an external USB harddrive.  The internal memory isn't enough.
Because they couldn't figure a way to compress the audio to make up for the smaller internal memory...
« Last Edit: Jan. 25, 2007, 03:29:26 AM by ViperD »

Offline Kusiga

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan. 25, 2007, 03:33:17 AM »
Oh umm year forgot that V and VI weren't released in the US. I think they will have some future update to the console so you can use your sd card as extra internal storage for bigger VC games. Don't see how HD would make Ys look any better unless you are wanting to see Adol's sweat dripping from his brow or something lol.

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan. 25, 2007, 03:43:37 AM »
IV and V weren't released. :P

Offline Kusiga

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan. 25, 2007, 04:03:42 AM »
IV and V weren't released. :P

Yea sorry half awake when typing.

Offline WordMan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hi. What a wonderful smell you've discovered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan. 25, 2007, 07:56:10 AM »
Because they couldn't figure a way to compress the audio to make up for the smaller internal memory...

No shit, but compressing 70 minutes of redbook audio is still over 70MB worth of 128K MP3s.   Still not good for the small amount of internal memory.  Even XBoxLive is only breaking their 50MB download rule for SOTN so far.

No one will remember today except that two stood against many. I ask you, Father Crom, grant me victory, grant me revenge. And if you will not grant them to me; then the hell with you!

When all else fails, we shall whip the horse's eyes and make
them sleep, and cry.

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan. 25, 2007, 10:34:54 PM »
Then they'll just compress it more, I doubt they'd give a shit if the audio losses a bunch of quality. I agree it would be nice on an SD Card or HD but it isn't going to happen as Nintendo doesn't want to deal with what piracy could happen.

Offline Trunks

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan. 26, 2007, 05:02:07 AM »
Don't see how HD would make Ys look any better unless you are wanting to see Adol's sweat dripping from his brow or something lol.

Hehe good one! My point here is that, sometimes when watching the beautiful videos any Ys on Windows has, you can see the compression affects the quality of the video, it looks like a 60% quality JPG sometimes... that is just NOT fair for the beautiful work made by falcom. I dream to see those intro or ending videos in full HD quality.

Also, my idea to see these games released on a popular platform like the 360 is precisely that... Ys become more popular. I know Ys VI was not very well accepted, but I also know Felghana is way to superior (IMHO) compared to Ys VI, I don't know.. plays better, looks better, sounds better... I am sure it will be a great hit if it was released to "the masses". And that is, more money for Falcom, more popularity for Falcom, more Ys games for us.... !!

So, that's my dream... hope Bill Gates can do something about it! heh heh...!!

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #11 on: Jan. 26, 2007, 09:08:08 AM »
I play the latest Ys games on my computer in 1280x1024, and it doesn't look like "jpg".
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "