Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Just finished YsF, and...  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Kyuseisha

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Just finished YsF, and...
« on: Apr. 02, 2007, 09:07:46 AM »
It was simply amazing.  NightWolve and Psycho DeuceBag, the quality of the patch far exceeds most fan translation (and most companies, too).  Guess its time to start it on Hard now, hehe, or start playing Shining Force EXA. 
In everyone exists the ability to excel.

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Just finished YsF, and...
« Reply #1 on: Apr. 03, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »
Well, I make Kyuseisha's words mine! Only thing I didn't like, for aesthetical reasons, was the translation's credits in the title screen. I much prefer the original cleaner look. Now I think I'll wait for the finished patch to play again on hard. Hope it comes out this year, thought.  :)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #2 on: Apr. 04, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »
Only thing I didn't like, for aesthetical reasons, was the translation's credits in the title screen. I much prefer the original cleaner look.

Quiet you. ^^ You know that is needed now more than ever for all the dumbfucks that like to throw their two cents in from a position of "I'm in the know" or "I know what I'm talking about" who've NEVER fucking even glanced at the ReadMe (specifically, the CREDITS section) for ANY Ys patch. After 4 years, you wouldn't see comments like this if they'd even make a rudimentary attempt at gathering facts beforehand:

"he's evil and selfish for... thinking he's better than everyone because he talks Japanese"

I "talks" Japanese about as well as he can "talks" English... Note, this comment is from a dumbass in a WAREZ pirating network, so naturally, by not providing the patch to him and other butt pirates at the proper pricepoint from their frame of reference ($0.000000000), I'm "selfish," I'm "scamming" you, obviously.

But anyway, since they've never even cared to examine the CREDITS section to see who did what, the division of labor, what it takes to create such patches in the first place, etc. placing some portion of CREDITS in the title screen is in order.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr. 05, 2007, 08:57:42 PM »
Then even, even the ones who pirate still call you the guy who knows japanese, even WITH the credits on the title screen.  Makes me wonder why they even bother with the patch then, if they're not going to read anything anyway. =P