Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Anyone remember Samurai Shodown RPG? Well...  (Read 17733 times)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Anyone remember Samurai Shodown RPG? Well...
« on: May. 12, 2007, 04:18:52 PM »
Wouldn't you know, ole Psycho DeuceBagy here has been busy translating it.

" border="0
" border="0" border="0
" border="0" border="0

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177727

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
Re: Anyone remember Samurai Shodown RPG? Well...
« Reply #1 on: May. 12, 2007, 10:33:27 PM »
Hear from him lately? Is he doing ok?
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #2 on: May. 13, 2007, 04:24:41 AM »
He's such a crazy translator.
*worship* Psycho DeuceBag *worship*
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May. 13, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »
Is this the same game that the now dead Dejap was working on? Amazing!

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May. 13, 2007, 06:36:25 PM »
These icons... I think I've seen them somewhere before. ;)

/image31sg6.gif

Offline Platypus

• aka Haohmaru
  • Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May. 15, 2007, 09:25:20 AM »
This is just great news! Psycho DeuceBag is really working hard.

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May. 23, 2007, 11:08:53 AM »
Awesome! Having played through the Sega Saturn version in Japanese a few years ago as Ukyo... I'd love to play it in English as another character!

Offline bida3

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun. 22, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
i didnt even know there was a Samurai Shodown RPG. what console was that for?

Offline Sanhime

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun. 22, 2007, 05:50:37 PM »
WHOA!  Is this for the NeoGeo CD or is this one of the ports (PSX, SS)?  If this is NeoGeo CD, I'm glad I still have it shrinked wrapped!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #9 on: Jun. 23, 2007, 10:38:01 AM »
Yup, it's for NeoGeo CD. Psycho DeuceBag is a big SNK fan.

Alrighty, let's snag some more shots.

" border="0" border="0
" border="0" border="0
" border="0" border="0
" border="0" border="0
" border="0" border="0

Offline eek-1

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Insomnia Studios
« Reply #10 on: Jul. 01, 2007, 01:26:14 PM »
" border="0

Huh? I always thought they're all followers of traditional religion like shinto or somekind.  I don't see Galford or Earthquake there.
But anyway great to see some progress.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #11 on: Jul. 01, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »
No, I would assume the context is that the old man is revealing to the group there that he and I guess along with the people in the village/area are Christians. It's obviously not talking about everyone, whatever the case.

Offline Shakku

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May. 31, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
Did you guys know? Seems like Psycho DeuceBag has made some progress with Samurai Shodown RPG translation.I don't mind waiting,i know that when it's done it'll be such a nice game in English since Psycho DeuceBag is the one working on it.About the picture above,it may be a spoiler but in that village you receive a statue of the Virgin Mary.The boss of the 1st scenario is Amakusa Shiro,it pretty much explains why the Christians' references in the game,right?

P.S.: Oh yeah,i forgot to introduce myself.I'm Shakku and it's nice to meet you all!
« Last Edit: May. 31, 2010, 02:58:39 PM by Shakku »

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #13 on: May. 31, 2010, 04:05:59 PM »
The boss of the 1st scenario is Amakusa Shiro,it pretty much explains why the Christians' references in the game,right?

I guess it would just be best to wait for the patch. I dunno if I'll ever play it personally, but it is cool that it's getting translated.

I should've posted the definitive link to the thread where he keeps his progress updates:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177727

Seems he deleted himself from romhacking hacks.net where there was another SSRPG progress thread! Haha! Why am I not surprised ?? Just like AHOY ALOY as well which I can certainly relate to! RHDN is nothing more than a Thieves' Den of malcontents after all, even despite its positive aspects of being one centralized source of patchware and information. Thus, it's nice to be vindicated every now and then; I also boycotted/distanced myself from both places. ;)

I remember I told him how much they sucked when they were floating threats of extortion against me years back along with the usual campaign of defamation, slander, libel, character assasination, etc. As a result, I demanded all of my patchware be removed from their miserable site, that is, to refrain from forcibly making my work apart of their site something that they're still butt-hurt about (There's never any introspection with these people, I'm always wrong! Period. Bow down/yield before the community/collective, boy and all that dribble.). He had told me that you're gonna get that kind of behavior wherever you go and that I shouldn't care, etc.. In his case, they probably just annoyed him to no end, but I do recall some douchebag threatening him/his family if he didn't hand over the tools for SSRPG so that he could translate it into his own language way back before it came to deleting himself. But yeah, I dunno the exact circumstances that eventually led to that. The Internet, you gotta love it! Freaks'n'Geeks with a computer! WATCH OUT!

ANYWAY, I added that link to the first post. When/if he finishes it, that'll be the place where you'll find it.

Offline Shakku

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun. 01, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »
Thank you very much for the link,NightWolve! I'm afraid i'm a member there though.You see,i'm also a NeoGeo fan.Ys and NeoGeo are 2 things i really love.Hope you don't mind.
As for Romhacking,i only visit there to gather info and collect some patches.I'm not much fond of the forums,although i have an account there(not a single post yet though!).Yeah,i read all sort of insults to you and Psycho DeuceBag 'down there'.Not only there,but on other sites as well.Talk about ungrateful slimeballs...No,i'm not wasting my post on talking about them.Those freaks aren't worth this.Back to topic...
You're right! It's much better waiting for the translation to be finished.I visited that topic many times,and it seems Psycho DeuceBag is pretty serious about this one.I'm sure he WILL finish this someday! Not sure when but he'll definitely do it! I can see in his posts a real fan of SSRPG.He loves this game! That's why i trust him completely on this.

P.S.: Thank you for letting me join the forums.I'm really happy to be here! You're the best,NightWolve!

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec. 08, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »
So, I guess his Youtube channel is the only source of updates on this? Wonder why he's still sitting on the beta? Would there even be much of a market for an English version of this game today?

https://www.youtube.com/user/MoriyaMug

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #16 on: Dec. 13, 2014, 04:29:14 AM »
Yeah, looks like the bigoted criminal is gonna finish his SSRPG project after all.

He's sitting on it cause he made it clear that only until it's completely finished will it be released to the public.

'fraid I won't be playing this in light of the circumstances, but besides that I long ago lost interest in this, so no biggie.

Offline JoeQuaker

• Mad Scientist
  • Experienced Guildsman
  • Joe TalksToTheWind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec. 20, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »
Right, same. The whole thing just seems so stupid now. I don't even remember there being a lot of text in the game compared to other RPGs, and have already beat it twice in Japanese on Sega Saturn.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #18 on: Dec. 31, 2014, 01:53:46 PM »
Truth is, you're damned if you, damned if you don't, when it comes to releasing some incomplete BETA...

I did that with Ys II Complete, released it with about 70% of the script completed because that's all that the translator at the time was able to finish before losing interest (Shimarisu/Rachel, not "Le B.J.Psycho DeuceBag"). Then I got Psycho DeuceBag to finish it all the way, so that's how it finally got done some time later.

For my troubles with that BETA, I had some of the hate-mongering degenerates on GameFAQs lying that there was a secret 100% complete version that was only going to donors (this was floating after the Felghana BETA leak - take one case, falsely apply it to another Psycho John style), and in other cases, there was Seldane (the europrick as I affectionately used to refer to him as), from the Ancient Land of Ys forum (seldane.proboards.com), crying at the temptation to use it, but knowing that the script will go back to Japanese 70% into it, and "Hey, what's the point of releasing that ??"

So, you're gonna get attacked either way for something that usually is freeware anyways. There really is a spoiled, bratty, rotten nature out there sad to say...

The criminal's logic is sound in this case, I don't disregard truth because I hate someone like many hacks loose on the Internet do, so I agree with 'im. I don't mean to defend this bastard in any way, but the Neo Geo forumites that all got sand in their vaginas about it are just whiny for the most part... He didn't quit the project, he just put it on low priority and vowed to eventually finish it down the road and looks like that's what he's doing. And it does suck when a BETA gets loose with an incomplete ReadMe or the final touches to the product, and things can happen along the way where that'll be the only version many users will ever see... To prevent that, you try to finish version 1.00 in full and that's what you go public with... That's the simple ideal.

Unfortunately, I actually helped him in this project... :/ I spent a week's worth of work hours to produce a piece of software that would flip tiles horizontally inside one big bitmap that housed all of the alphabet character tiles. This allowed him to change the font to what he wanted to far more easily. As he turned out to be a criminal monster of epic proportions, a cheat, right next to Thomas Lipschultz of XSEED Games, I obviously won't be credited for that custom software built to his spec/needs, awkwardness aside. That's how it goes.

Well, that should serve as a fair warning to anyone that makes the mistake of ever working with Jeff Nussbaum (AKA "Le Psycho DeuceBag")... He's a liar and a cheat! He will break agreements without communication, trick you if need be, make off with your work hours and actually fight to make sure you're NOT credited for them!!! If he/Lipschultz can do it to me, he/they can do it to you too!

As I am one of his victims, I'm a highly biased party, but you need not take my word for it, you can refer to the criminal's very own words/mouth:

wayback.neo-geo.com/forums/thread.php?Worst-Member-2010
wayback.neo-geo.com/forums/Worst-Member-2010 Page 1

Quote from: Jeff Nussbaum - B.J.DeuceBad the Criminal on 11-13-2010
I'm not, in most cases, what anyone would call a "nice person." I'm severely misanthropic, and extremely arrogant. I am a self-involved asshole..., and pointing out the fact (or how much my behavior irritates others) is not going to accomplish a thing to change that. You act as though you expect me to read one of your insults and have some form of life-changing epiphany, and everything will be sunshine and rainbows. It won't happen. I know who and what I am.

He was being voted as the worst 2010 member of the Neo-Geo.com forums, haha! At least, one of the nominations, but who are they kidding given their reputation ? Jeff Nussbaum was just another one of their toxic turbo trolls that should've been banned on sight!

wayback.neo-geo.com/forums/thread.php?Worst-Member-2010
Quote from: PMHeartlessNinny
Quote from: Taiso
People should be careful when comparing themselves to Deuce.

Because you know that's eventually going to come down to one thing.
Shit, I never thought of that. :lol:

Inside Neo-Geo.com joke, a reference to Jeff being the biggest cock-flashing dick on their charming forum... Har har har...