Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Cancelled projects  (Read 3002 times)

Offline malducci

• TurboXray
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Rich Leverton
    • View Profile
Cancelled projects
« on: Apr. 04, 2006, 12:21:48 AM »
First- Hey everyone. I didn't post much in the old forum, but read quite abit ;D I noticed a few familiar faces 8)

Anyway I came across Startling Odyssey II in an old issue of PC Enjin I had stashed away and remembered that the translation had been cancelled. Nightwolve, I was wondering how far along the Startling Odyssey II WIP was? I know you stated that you had no interested in picking up the project, but would might release the WIP if requested(if I remember correctly). Do you still have the WIP available?

Thanks,
Rich

Offline turbofan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: Cancelled projects
« Reply #1 on: Apr. 04, 2006, 08:48:43 AM »
Cant speak for nightwolve,I think the project is dead.I wish he would throw one more pc engine translation our way,but thats wishful thinkin.Heck even partial translation startling odyssey 2 would be cool.
« Last Edit: Apr. 04, 2006, 08:49:35 AM by turbofan »

Offline Seldane

• Dulk Dekt
  • Seasoned Veteran
  • Maayti
    • View Profile
    • Ancient Land of Ys
« Reply #2 on: Apr. 04, 2006, 10:22:36 AM »
As it said on the project website (not sure if it is still online somewhere) it is dead. Very dead.
DVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:

Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: ! Sir, the door was open.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #3 on: Apr. 04, 2006, 03:02:52 PM »
Wow, so two people actually want whatever was done. Alright, I'll post a MODE1/2048 ISO patch in this thread when I get a chance. I think I did names, menus, spells, an Inn message, status menus, etc. Some enemy names. I dunno how helpful this will be, but I am surprised two souls exist that want this. ;) Understand that this was very limited and not worth the trouble, but whatever, you wanted it...

EDIT: Alright, no guarantees here, but it's ready. You need to be able to rip your CD-Rom into ISO/WAV/CUE form. I don't have time to make a BIN/CUE patch. This is for the regular ISO. That means it wasn't ripped in raw mode, so it should be 44,232,704 bytes in size.

1 ) Extract the archive (the attachment 'SOII(US).rar') in the same folder as your SOII-02.ISO file.

2 ) Open a command prompt into whatever folder that is, and run: "patch SOII-02.ISO" (where "SOII-02.ISO" is the filename you've chosen for the track and if it's correctly ripped in cooked mode (MODE1/2048), it should be 44,232,704 bytes in size...)

OK? If you don't know how to rip an image into ISO/WAV/CUE form, I can't help you right now. I will be releasing a utility that does that for you, but it still needs work and so it's not ready at this time.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline malducci

• TurboXray
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Rich Leverton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr. 04, 2006, 08:19:27 PM »
Awesome, thanks! I don't have the game yet - still trying to track it down for a reasonable price.

As far as ripping the image, if I rip it in the correct mode but comes up a bit short due to the last few of sectors - I can just pad the image myself right? All ISO's I've looked at are padded with "0" in the last group of sectors. Anyways, I'll figure it out - thanks again ;D

PS: Ohhh, btw I was extremely greatful Ys IV patch came out, but was only able to donate $10 at the time. Now that things are little better these days, I would like to show my graditude. Do you have a paypal email address I can send it to?

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #5 on: Apr. 04, 2006, 10:37:40 PM »
Well, if it's not quite the right the size, I have nothing to stop it from patching anyway. It ought to be at or around that size. If you do it right, you should get that size. Anyway, you can click the paypal link at the bottom left here:

https://www.ysutopia.net/translations/yscomplete/

I haven't gotten around to putting a Donating block on this portal which I intend to do actually. Probably on the right column, under poll or above it would be an appropiate position.

I don't have the game yet - still trying to track it down for a reasonable price.

Heh. That adds a wrinkle to it. Well, don't be getting it just cause of this limited patch. I hope that wasn't your reason for seeking it, cause you're gonna be very disappointed if you do manage to get it patched.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!