Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Background music will not loop  (Read 7721 times)

Offline Blackpin93

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Background music will not loop
« on: Dec. 26, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
Hi everyone, I just installed this game today with the patch already on it and it was good to go etc etc...now it's running great except one small issue: for some reason all of the background music will only play one time. After the song runs out, 4-5 minutes later, it just stops until another scene that has different music.

I am wondering if this happened to anyone else, maybe I pushed a key and didn't realize I changed something? The soundtrack is a lot of the reason I love this game so I'm a bit sad ;P

Thanks again Nightwolve for all the work you've done. It's amazing to be able to play this game!!!!

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re: Background music will not loop
« Reply #1 on: Dec. 26, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
I remember that with the current Felghana patch, the download link to Falcom's VE fix patch was broken so try this:

1) Download this file:

http://www.falcom.com/download/support/ysf/ysf_1203_VE.zip

2) Copy it in the same folder as the YSF executable in the YSF_WIN folder.

3) Download my Felghana patch and run it again (it will find the zip file and use it!).

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/ysf/ - (The first link to mediafire is to my patch).
Eh, here, this : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?quhn2nngqnt

(I never got around to organizing all my downloads, I still use mediafire for that leaked patch when I had my single free webpage and no website or domain).

Anyhow, that's your best bet. I've never heard of this problem before to be honest, so I'm at a loss as to what the solution would be at present.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline Blackpin93

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec. 26, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »
I will give that a try and if not I'll try reinstalling. Thanks for the response, I'll update later :)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #3 on: Dec. 26, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »
By the way, I'm uploading the Alternate Felghana soundtrack to mediafire at the moment. Basically, like the Alternate Soundtracks for Ys I & II Complete, it takes the amazing arranged music from the Hudson games for the old NEC console systems and works them into these PC games! As good as the Felghana soundtrack is by Falcom, the Ys III one from Husdon and Ryo Yonemitsu is FAR FAR AMAZING and resulted in one of the greatest videogame soundtracks in history!

Well, all you would have to do is unzip the archive into the MUSIC subfolder and overwrite the OGG music files. To go back to the originals, just save a copy of the whole folder or copy it over again from the CD, pretty simple. But yeah, lemme know if you want it!

Offline Blackpin93

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec. 28, 2012, 06:55:43 AM »
Awesome! I have pretty much every arrange Falcom Sound Team did for Ys 3...I've played almost every version of it. One of my favorite overall soundtracks! And I can play a lot of it on the guitar :P

So yeah reinstalling didn't work...it wasn't anything I did then. Says it is version 1.1, I'm going to try another copy.

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #5 on: Dec. 31, 2012, 07:34:23 PM »
So FYI, this problem was solved for Blackpin... The naughty archive that she downloaded included an alternate soundtrack, but the hacks that made it didn't know how to set the loop variables in each OGG file that was replaced... Thus, switching back to the original soundtrack OGG files solved this problem or using the alternate soundtrack I offered her works too.