Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Ordering Oath in Felghana - best places to order? + other concerns.  (Read 20021 times)

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
I really want to buy this, in preparation for the upcoming patch, and just because it looks like such a great game - I loved Ys VI, and all reports I've seen, this game is even better than Ark of Napishtim.  Besides, I'm also one of the few people who played Wanderers from Ys, on SNES, and *liked* the game.  I liked it enough that I bought that back in the day.  Sure, it might not have been as good by Ys standards, but it was an enjoyable sidescroller, which could get a bit difficult at times. 

So, I have more than one reason to be excited about this game. =)

Just, I haven't really imported much before (err, I think the extent is a soundtrack I got off eBay, which doesn't really count for much).   I don't know all the usual import sites, but the ones I've found, either don't have it in stock, or want quite a bit of money.  One, wants $109, + $24 for shipping.  Looks like the deluxe box. 

I'm hoping to find a bit cheaper.  So far, the best I've seen would probably be to order direct from Falcom.  I've seem a few things on how to order from them.

On their site - it appears to have what I'm assuming is the deluxe set, with all the soundtrack stuff for, 7960円 (I'm assuming Yen), for either the DVD or CD version of the game.  While, the cheaper version (which I assume is just the game, available as DVD only), is listed for 5600円.    Doing a currency conversion, that'd be $69.83 for the more expensive listing.    The page before you go into the shopping cart lists slightly higher prices, 8560 and 6510 respectively.  (I know it's probably best to order via email, considering I can't understand a lick of the japanese on the web pages, if it's even possible to order for the US through there)

So, this seems to be significantly cheaper than ordering through the import sites that I found, although I'm unsure of what shipping would be. 

I figure this is probably the best place to ask these things, I'd like to make sure of everything before I try to order this, so I know I'm getting what I think I'm getting, etc...

Err, I thought I saw it a long while back somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now, so I'll ask while I am here, what are the system requirements for the game?  I'm pretty sure my computer will be able to run it, but just want to be safe. =P 

If this computer won't run it, I do have access to another, stronger computer in my house, though it is currently without a working DVD drive (bah, it died), so I would have to order the CD version then, as it at least does have a working CDR drive.   Which I might do anyway, since I assume if I order the DVD version, there's no way to split it up among CDs, so it can be installed on the other computer?  Or would it be too much to think that they'd put the DVD version together with folders "Disc 1"  "Disc 2" etc...  =P

Thanks for any help you can offer.  Even if I don't place the order right away, I plan on getting the game sooner or later.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it, even if the patch is still a ways off - knowing the original games progression would probably help a lot in figuring stuff out in this game.   Of course, the whole thing would be unnecessary if Konami would be nice and port/localize this one since they did Napishtim.   

Yikes, ended up rambling a bit up there didn't I?  =P

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
Direct Falcom Orders
« Reply #1 on: Jun. 12, 2006, 01:35:06 PM »
I vouch for contacting Falcom directly to order a copy of Felghana.  That's what I did, and the game arrived a lot sooner than I had expected.  All you have to do is email them (nihon@falcom.co.jp, I think) in simple English your name, full address, item number and credit card info.  They will send you an email invoice (with shipping quote) for you to confirm, then they'll ship out the goods.  And they won't charge you for it until a month after it arrives (at least, that's what they did with me 8)).  If you're paranoid about security, you can split your credit card info between your two emails and they will put it together when they bill you.

You might want to consider which version of the game you want to get:  the Limited Edition version (which strangely is still in stock) or the Popular Edition.  The Limited Edition (DVD - #860, CD - #861) includes 7 Ys III soundtracks plus the Pre-Arrange version of The Oath in Felghana's soundtrack, and gives you the option of either CD or DVD media.  The Popular Edition (#866) is DVD-only and does not include the 8 extra discs.  I don't think the soundtracks are particularly impressive compared to the remixes used in Felghana itself, but they're nice to have (though the vocal remix of The Boy Who Had Wings is oddly missing).

As for the System Requirements, here's a copy-and-paste from an unofficial translation of the official site (http://legacyofys.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ysf/index.html):

OS - Windows98/Me/2000/XP Japanese Version only
CPU - Pentium III/800MHz or better (Pentium III/1GHz or better recommended)
Memory - [Windows98/Me] 128MB or more (256MB or more recommended),
[Windows2000/XP] 256MB or more (384MB or more recommended)
Minimum HDD space - 1.3GB
Display - 640x480 resolution or better, HighColor (65,536 colors) display or better.
32MB VRAM, DirectX 8.1-compatible or better 3D accelerator card
(AGP or Intel chipset 845G or better recommended)
Sound - DirectX 8.1-compatible soundcard or better
This is TDOMMX (formerly Magus0857) signing out.

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
Thanks a bunch.  My computer is more than capable to handle it - I figured it would be.  Just wanted to make sure.

As for the soundtracks - with EIGHT music discs, you'd figure that some would be the OST, right? 

Well, I'm still sort of deciding - probably going to get the limited edition with all the soundtracks, since I'm sure I'll listen to them, eventually. 

Thanks again for the help. 

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
Okay, I emailed them.  Lets see how it turns out. 

One site said to put the price from the site in the email and the total, so I did that just in case.  I just copied it from the shopping cart page:

7,960円

and 3,960円 as well, since I ordered Ys: I & II as well - I tried to get it on eBay, but the whole ONE listing they had, ended up getting bid up to $62, +$11 shipping.  It'll be much cheaper this way. 

Here's hoping it turns out okay. =)

EDIT:  Ok, they sent an email back, with the shipping figures and all.  Shipping was 4700 yen.  Sent an email back to them to confirm the order.
« Last Edit: Jun. 20, 2006, 02:59:45 AM by zaratus »

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
Good job ordering these nice games.
I hope you'll enjoy them :)
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
I'm sure I will, thanks. =)

I had a longer post written, but then I realized that most of what I said was repeating my first post. =P 

I got a confirmation email from Falcom now - they said they're sending it out on the 23rd, but who knows when it'll actually get here.  Shipping was a bit pricier than I expected, but it IS coming from Japan, and besides that, for all I know, they're sending it express, or something like that. =P

Heh, the miser in me is cringing at the cost, but it'll be worth it.  I have the spare cash at this point.  16,620 yen in all, (approx. $144.60, doing a quick web search for currency conversion.)   It's actually probably a lot cheaper than it would be by other means.   For Playasia, $109.90 for Felghana + $24.20 for their cheapest shipping, would be $134.10 for Felghana alone.  And as I mentioned earlier, I saw Ys I and II go on ebay for $62 + shipping. 

(Though, I guess it didn't work out for the seller, as I got an email offer later for $52.  Didn't take him up on it, looks like he relisted it, back at what it was before, $20 starting bid, +11 shipping, ending in 14 hours) 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ys-I-1-II-2-Book-Eternal-Complete-for-PC_W0QQitemZ104753339984QQcategoryZ4315QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmm, actually...  It seems he's sold it more than once.  Quite a few times it seems.  Hmm.  And his feedback is 'private'.  OK, this seems fishy now.  I'm actually glad I didn't win it after this now.   OK, and the auction I bidded in - he left feedback for the buyer, A+.  So, obviously he was paid for it.  OK, I definitely think something is up.  In the last 30 days, he's sold the game seven times.    I highly doubt he has that many copies around - especially from someone whose other listings are college textbooks.

OK, back to topic on hand, I'm looking forward to the games.  Besides playing those, I intend to give Ys VI another playthrough fairly soon. 

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
This Ys 1-2 Complete on ebay looks like a fake for sure.
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ... "

Offline Haven

• Dennis Pulido
  • Hapless Fledgling
  • Who knows? The Shadow knows!!!
    • View Profile

It is INDEED fake!!!

Avoid products like those at all cost!!!

(seriously I could design a better packaging)

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Is that guy in Hong Kong or something? Bastard is printing out his custom fakes pre-patched obviously, by the looks of it.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
*shrug*  He says that the patch is on a separate disc. 

In other news - HOLY CRAP that was fast.  I just got my package today.  Wasn't even expecting it, considering the distance, them saying they were sending it out the 23rd, and nevermind that there are usually no deliveries on Sundays.  I haven't opened it yet, having just got home from work. 

The customs slip has it marked as a gift, to avoid import taxes I assume.

Opening it up, wow the Oath in Felghana box is bigger than I expected.   Very nice looking.  Hmm, there's something else here that was in the outer plain cardboard box for Oath in Felghana, but not in the actual fancy box.  Err, I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to be.  It looks like a stand-up piece of artwork thing - with the games logo, similar artwork to the box, and the game's tagline -

In my time, I've wandered everywhere
Around this world, Hope would always be there

Looking at Ys I-II Complete - packaging is nice, manual is nice - although I can't read a word of it. =P    Oath in Felghana manual is even nicer - some nice artwork inside.  And then here's the music box, with all eight discs in there.  Pre-arrange version, music from Ys III, Perfect Collection Ys III 1, and 2, Symphonic Poem, Super Arrange Version, JDK Special, and Best Selection.

OK, for now, I'll get started on getting Ys I+II set up.

Edit:  OK, both games installed OK - just Ys II won't patch - because it's the newer version that a patch hasn't been released for just yet. 

Edit Edit:  Oath in Felghana installed OK as well, and it runs good so far.  I'm all set now.  Whee! =P
« Last Edit: Jun. 25, 2006, 11:58:16 PM by zaratus »

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
Re: Ordering Oath in Felghana - best places to order? + other concerns.
« Reply #10 on: Jun. 27, 2006, 03:17:00 AM »
Oh, I didn't see that past the screenshots. It's a "bonus" CD... I see. Heh.

Oh, and to patch Ys II, you need to unzip YS2_WIN.EXE from the ysc0107.zip file that should be one folder above your YS1_CMP folder if you patched that already, then overwrite YS2_WIN.EXE in the YS2_CMP folder. Running the Ys II patch after that will allow it to continue.

Offline Frog Man

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct. 14, 2006, 03:38:17 PM »
I would really like to buy the Popular Edition #886 but I can't find the pricing for it. I looked but couldn't find an "order" page on the falcom site for YS: Oath of Felghana.

Offline Waverider

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct. 15, 2006, 12:21:41 AM »
I would really like to buy the Popular Edition #886 but I can't find the pricing for it. I looked but couldn't find an "order" page on the falcom site for YS: Oath of Felghana.

According to the Falcom online order website:
Ys Felghana Premium DVD Item #860 8560 Yen
Ys Felghana Popular DVD Item #866 6510 Yen

Even though the Premium DVD is 8560 Yen, they quoted and charged me 7960 Yen.

By the way, ordering through Falcom is the best way to go. It's a lot cheaper than purchasing it through any import software websites or shops.

For some reason, Falcom charged my credit card one month after I received my order.

I hope this helps.

« Last Edit: Nov. 07, 2006, 07:50:03 AM by Waverider »

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct. 15, 2006, 03:40:24 AM »
Even though the Premium DVD is 8560 Yen, they quoted and charged me 7960 Yen.
The 8560 Yen price is with Japanese tax and shipping, the game without taxes is 7960 Yen.

Offline Frog Man

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct. 15, 2006, 08:33:59 PM »
Now I have to sign of for a credit card (my first). Tried to get one at the bank I'm at but they rejected me. My mom says I'm have to be a super retard to get rejected for a credit card. But that won't stop me! Soon I'll have the best credit rating in the world! And Ys Oath in Felghana too. :P

Offline Raigan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Nov. 01, 2006, 11:52:19 AM »
HimeyaShop says they've shipped mine! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!

--Raigan--
I would display an emote here, but I cannot seem to find one of a face melting off in horror.

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #16 on: Nov. 01, 2006, 12:23:27 PM »
Anytime someone starts acting like this, a particular song comes to mind:

I'm so excited!  And I just can't hide it!
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

I'm so excited!   And I just can't hide it!
I know--!  I know--!  I know--!  I know--!
I know I want you!  I want you!

Since this is Felghana we're talking about, such a reaction is perfectly understandable.  I spent something like $300 CAN total for Felghana, and I don't think I spent a penny too much.  Hopefully, you'll feel the same way.

Offline Falcomfan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov. 01, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
Now I have to sign of for a credit card (my first). Tried to get one at the bank I'm at but they rejected me. My mom says I'm have to be a super retard to get rejected for a credit card. But that won't stop me! Soon I'll have the best credit rating in the world! And Ys Oath in Felghana too. :P

What kinda Credit limit are you going for?  Really you dont need a card with a 5000$ limit on it.  Just get one with like a 200$  limit and just use it for buying your entertainment stuff. 

Offline Frog Man

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov. 02, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »
I don't have any credit rating at all. So no one at all will give me acredit card. i Have toget a student card first. That one only has 200 bucks onit.

Offline Negi

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov. 02, 2006, 03:00:52 PM »
Do not order from import sites and shit.  You're way way way way better off buying a few copies directly from falcom and selling them on some Ys forum. 

Offline babyima

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov. 06, 2006, 11:56:01 PM »
I'm planning on trying to purchase some Ys from Falcom probably within a few months. Hopefully next month!  :P What shipping method do they use?

If it's by postal, then I will have to give them my P.O. Box address. No mail, no matter what will be delivered to the house. If they use Fed Ex, Ups, ect., then I could put home address in then.

Offline Waverider

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov. 07, 2006, 07:43:57 AM »
Just open a checking account from a bank that use Visa or Mastercard debit cards. You can use the cards to order goods that accepts Visa or Mastercard .

« Last Edit: Nov. 07, 2006, 07:54:54 AM by Waverider »

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #22 on: Nov. 07, 2006, 08:14:37 AM »
Babyima, Falcom uses E.M.S. for shipping.  When your package hits American shores, it's usually handed over to Purolator.  Not always, but usually.  If I remember correctly, one of my orders came via Purolator, and the other came by Canada Post.  I'm not sure what it would be like in your neck of the woods....

Offline Falcomfan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov. 07, 2006, 10:33:07 AM »
Babyima, Falcom uses E.M.S. for shipping.  When your package hits American shores, it's usually handed over to Purolator.  Not always, but usually.  If I remember correctly, one of my orders came via Purolator, and the other came by Canada Post.  I'm not sure what it would be like in your neck of the woods....

My EMS has always been given to the US Post office.  Whats Purolator?

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov. 07, 2006, 01:40:50 PM »
http://www.purolator.com/

From what I read it's like another Fedex/UPS, for Canada.

Offline babyima

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov. 07, 2006, 02:32:03 PM »
I will be using a Western Union Card, I put money in it like a credit card. Now, when I give the address to send it too, does it have to match the address of the card? I can have it sent to a friends house, incase it's not shipped by mail for any reason.

[EDIT]I'm going to try something, going to try and talk to them directly.

Yes, I have a question, and I was wondering can you help me! I'm sorry if my e-mail may sound abit confusing, I'm using a translater to translate this. It's the only way that I know of speaking to you. What process and information that I need to order from falcom? I can't read the site, and I'm told it can be done through e-mail. And, what shipping methods do you use, I live in the USA, and shipping adresses differ depending on how it's shipped. Through the postal services, we do not get mail delivered to the house, only to the P.O. Box. If other services like UPS or Fed Ex, it could be delivered the house address. So, I was wondering, which method to expect so I can give the shipping address.

Translate too...

はい、私は質問を有し、私を助けてもいい疑問に思っていた! 私は私の電子メールが混同するabitを鳴るかもしれなければ残念私これを翻訳するのに使用しているtranslaterをである。私があなたに話すことの知っているのは唯一の方法である。 私がfalcomから発注する必要がある情報およびどんなプロセスか。私は場所を読むことができないし電子メールを通ってすることができることをそれを言われる。そしてどんな船積み方法が使用するか、私は米国に住み、それがいかにによって出荷したか船積みのadressesは異なる。郵便業務によって、私達は郵便を、私書箱へのだけ家に提供されて得ない。 他のサービスがupsかFederal Expressを好んだら、それは家の住所渡されてもよい。そう、方法が私をそう期待するために船積みの住所に与えることができる私は疑問に思っていた。

God, I'm a native eglish speaker and it reeks!  :P I hope it will be understood.  :-[
« Last Edit: Nov. 07, 2006, 03:31:40 PM by babyima »

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #26 on: Nov. 07, 2006, 04:17:43 PM »
That's not a good idea...

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov. 07, 2006, 04:55:11 PM »
Just follow Gillian's topic on how to order.

https://www.ysutopia.net/forums/index.php?topic=10.0

If you live in the US you'll have to get it by US Postal EMS, and if you try and ask Falcom to use some other method they won't.

Offline babyima

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov. 07, 2006, 06:52:13 PM »
what shipping methods do you use

I wasn't asking them for another way. All I was asking what all methods do they use since I don't get mail at the house so I know which address to give.

When your package hits American shores, it's usually handed over to Purolator.  Not always, but usually.  If I remember correctly, one of my orders came via Purolator, and the other came by Canada Post.

That all needed for me to ask them. There is no crime in asking questions. I don't want to take any chances of me giving them the P.O. Box address, then when it comes to american shores, it goes to Fed Ex or something like that. I will be screwed then.
« Last Edit: Nov. 07, 2006, 07:17:43 PM by babyima »

Offline Gillian Seed

• Snatcher Killer
  • Eager Initiate
  • Silly Vip
    • View Profile
    • Gillian Seed's Site
« Reply #29 on: Nov. 09, 2006, 07:39:56 AM »
I'm sure they can't answer your question.

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Nov. 20, 2006, 09:58:20 AM »
Is the chipping price to high if order from Falcom in japan? How much do you have paid by using this method?

Offline Jan Sauer

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Xenosaga Episodio 3: En castellano
« Reply #31 on: Dec. 11, 2006, 01:27:02 PM »
I have buyed it in play asia, but now it's sold out  :~(

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s-49-en-15-felghana-70-r3n.html

Las verdades se fabrican a partir de pequeñas mentiras.

Offline nunuu

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Don't believe Ondore's lies! >:0
    • View Profile
    • http://nunuu.livejournal.com/
« Reply #32 on: Jan. 03, 2007, 09:37:19 AM »
Yes, shipping is expensive from overseas if the company use EMS and Falcom DOES use EMS.  It's fast and has tracking and insurance.  I wouldn't want to have it any other way if I'm spending about $80 Canadian for a game. :P

Also, just copying and pasting from another thread (https://www.ysutopia.net/forums/index.php?topic=10.0):

Just wanted to point out the import fees and taxes for Canada:

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/B06-e.asp#48832

What people need to know from all that babbling is:

Gifts from friends and relatives, valued at $60CDN or less, are duty and tax exempt. Goods imported into Canada, valued at $20CDN or more, are subject to all duties and taxes.

So any games you import from the US, Japan, Hong Kong, etc. WILL get charged.

Er, I should add that sometimes, the taxes and stuff may get intercepted by a third party brokerage company who will pay the fees and taxes on your behalf so you won't get charged a COD.  HOWEVER, they will send you an invoice with the amount they paid. :P  So in the end, you'll STILL end up paying taxes + fee but instead of paying the postman/postwoman that comes a-knockin' at your door with the package, you'll pay someone else. ._.;;;;
We need more goofballs around here.

Offline Escarioth

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jan. 05, 2007, 11:58:22 PM »
I really wanted a way to get my hand on Felghana. Thx to all the info here ill be able. Thank you everybody :) next thing coming up, donating money ;) hehehe
The bird of the Hermes is my name. Eating my wings to make me tame...

Offline Valr

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jan. 15, 2007, 12:33:19 PM »
I'd also love to give a big thanks to you guys.  I would have ended up buying from HimeyaShop if I didn't come across this thread.  I've now ordered:

7,960 yen :860 Ys Felghana Premium DVD
  3,960 yen :869 Ys6 DVD
  3,960 yen :874 Ys1&2complete

With shipping came to a total of $170 USD

If ordered from Himeya:

$109 Felghana
$58 Ys6
$58 Ys1&2

Without even shipping costs, it's well over the price I've paid :D.

So thanks again guys.

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jan. 15, 2007, 12:52:01 PM »
^^ why didn't get Ys Origin while you're at it?

Also, in the play-asia site, it says that YsOoF is out of print? Is this true? Or are they just saying that because they're out of stock?

Offline Valr

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jan. 15, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »
^^ why didn't get Ys Origin while you're at it?

Also, in the play-asia site, it says that YsOoF is out of print? Is this true? Or are they just saying that because they're out of stock?

I'd imagine they were just out of stock.

Didn't have enough cash to get Origins :( lol.

Offline WordMan

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Hi. What a wonderful smell you've discovered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jan. 15, 2007, 01:46:15 PM »
Oath in Felghana is only like 5600 yen now at Falcom's site.

Well, that's the non-super-special version, but that's really only like $45.  Not too shabby
« Last Edit: Jan. 15, 2007, 01:49:28 PM by WordMan »

No one will remember today except that two stood against many. I ask you, Father Crom, grant me victory, grant me revenge. And if you will not grant them to me; then the hell with you!

When all else fails, we shall whip the horse's eyes and make
them sleep, and cry.

Offline babyima

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jun. 17, 2007, 01:53:19 AM »
I think I'm about ready to get a copy of oath. I got a new pc and it can play Oblivion, so I'm sure it will be able to play Oath, unlike my old computer. :D

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #39 on: Jul. 02, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
That small boxed newer version of Felghana can be purchased at HimeyaShop for $58.

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/6821

http://www.himeyashop.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Felghana

EDIT: This is very weird. Guess I've been out of the loop. It used to be this retailer had a US basing, so shipping would come out to whatever average, $8.95 or whatever. Seems the US branch is gone or something and only the Japan one is in operation, so you're back to having to pay an EMS shipping rate to get an ordered import out of Japan. In this case, it's $19 for the first item, $3 for every additional item.

Anybody know anything about this? When did this happen, when their site was redesigned and the URL changed? Or has this always been the case? I could swear Himeya had a US basing and you'd get regular shipping rates and so forth, so my assumption was that the import shipping cost was factored into the price already. This is just very pricey markup and the only benefit is an English online shopping cart that's easy to work with as far as I can see... Pffft.