Last Shout - Posted by: Bernie - Sep. 09, 2020, 04:40:16 PM
WTF is up NW?!!!! ;D

Author Topic: Ys Origin  (Read 30308 times)

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
Ys Origin
« on: Sep. 26, 2006, 11:05:49 PM »

Offline sideshow

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
Re: Ys Origin
« Reply #1 on: Sep. 26, 2006, 11:22:35 PM »
Ya, I saw it on the Ys boards.  Its going to be kick ass! 

Offline Falcomfan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 10:50:12 AM »
I really dont know what to think yet.  Its going to be strange to me not playing an Ys game without Adol.  I hope that with future games they continue with Adol's adventures.  That being said I think its cool that the Girl character is from the line of Toba and the guy is from the line of Fact. 

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
« Reply #3 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 12:07:17 PM »
LOL... im not in a hurry to report.  Had i been in a hurry to report though you definately beat me to it...
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Holy Eldeel

« Reply #4 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 01:11:18 PM »
Dont forget about the sweet new trailer of Ys Origin :D
« Last Edit: Sep. 27, 2006, 01:11:32 PM by Holy Eldeel »

Offline ViperD

• Eager Initiate
  • Silly gilly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »
LOL... im not in a hurry to report.  Had i been in a hurry to report though you definately beat me to it...
I had just seen you on when I logged on, so I thought you were making it at the time and just wanted to rush it out quick. :)

Offline SkyeWelse

• Global Moderator
  • Eager Initiate
  • On a quest to find Xanadu
    • View Profile
    • XyZ - A Tribute to Xak, Ys, and Zelda
« Reply #6 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »
Dont forget about the sweet new trailer of Ys Origin Cheesy

WOW!!! HOT DAMN!!! OOOOH MY GOD!!

I mean, ahem...yes. That will probably be interesting enough to play. Probably.

Edit: Having Adol in it isn't such a bad thing if the gameplay is solid, which it looks to be and the story is good. And we can already see that "certain" referrences to "old landmarks" will be in the game so that makes me very happy.

-SkyeWelse
« Last Edit: Sep. 27, 2006, 05:33:36 PM by SkyeWelse »

Offline sideshow

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep. 27, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »
What about ancestors of Adol?  Or does Adol have any family or ancestors?

Offline rocket

• Always an Ys Fan!
  • Eager Initiate
  • Which way to the sword shop?
    • View Profile
    • Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website
« Reply #8 on: Sep. 28, 2006, 12:53:18 AM »
I had just seen you on when I logged on, so I thought you were making it at the time and just wanted to rush it out quick. :)

That is classic. actually i happen to do a quick check before going to bed the night of arrival. the ironic part is the falcom letter didnt arrive til 2 am this morning and i didnt get online til 5 am at work.

It is nice to know someone hasnt forgotten me. I have been so busy lately.
Someone once said being #1 just ain't realistic.

Ys I & II COMPLETE Bonus Item and Event Website

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/yscomplete/bonus/

Offline NightWolve

• Administrator
  • Distinguished Shogun
    • View Profile
    • Ys Utopia.net
« Reply #9 on: Sep. 30, 2006, 01:29:03 AM »
Nice. I've been offline for a few days and return to find this mystery Ys game's details already being unveiled. Definitely looking forward to it.

You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!

Offline adol1976

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep. 30, 2006, 06:19:07 AM »
Sure it feels a great game. New Heroes are welcomed in YS serie.
Looking to it too. It would be great if the past of the new characters were well develloped.

Offline esteban666

• Eager Initiate
  • "Swing the Glove to Exit" -Jackie Chan POWERBOXING
    • View Profile
    • TurboPlay Magazine Archives
« Reply #11 on: Sep. 30, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »
I'm stoked about Ys Origin. I've watched the trailer dozens of times already... I certainly don't mind the abscense of Adol. :)
  |    | 

Offline Waverider

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct. 03, 2006, 05:10:34 AM »
Just incase anyone hasn't figured out how to translate the page. Here is the Google translation in all it's engrish glory.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://www.falcom.co.jp/yso/secret/yso-secret.html

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct. 03, 2006, 09:16:44 AM »
How about in English? ;) Thanks to Psycho DeuceBag:

Click!

The time is 700 years ago, in the final days of the kingdom of Ys.

In order to escape the sudden invasion of demons throughout the land, the Goddesses and their six Priests used the power of the Black Pearl to raise Solomon Shrine into the sky. However, the demons stuck on the ground began erecting a giant tower in an attempt to reach it, and those with the power of flight gradually made their way to the risen land, and so the crisis continued.

One day, the twin Goddesses -- Lair and Feena -- disappeared.

As the people left behind fell into despair, the six Priests made a decision. In order to find the lost Goddesses, a Holy Knight and a sorcerer would be selected to return to the world below, back into the darkness.

With the former utopia in ruins and the Goddesses missing, the people were left to place all of their hopes on the shoulders of these two youngsters, who would face the dangers of the tower.

Now, the legend is reborn!

--
Yunika and Jugo have each had different stories prepared for them. Though their quest is the same -- to find the missing Goddesses -- their perspectives are different, and the story will play out differently for each.

Yunika Toba: One of the protagonists. She is a fairly naive young girl born of the Toba family. Though she showed no aptitude for magic whatsoever, she pursued the path of a Temple Knight, and basically forced her way into the role of searching for the Goddesses.

Yunika's weapon is an axe. Though such a weapon is normally used for close combat, perhaps she will learn ways to attack at a distance...?

Jugo Fact: Another of the protagonists. He is the son of Kain Fact, one of the six Priests, and is, in fact, his successor. In spite of his age, he is remarkably skilled in magic, and weilds a form of magic known as "The Eye of Fact." Jugo's magic makes him able to strike at long range. He is recommended for beginners.

Offline bgfanauk

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct. 04, 2006, 02:22:31 AM »
Of course there isn't Adol in the game, because YS origin talks about what happened in 700 years ago.

After the Temple of Salmon has ascended, the two goddess disappeared, and monsters tried to build the tower of Dame to catch up the temple. This is the prologue story we see in Ys 1 or Ys 1 Eternal.

YS origin is a story about finding two disappeared goddess. The Priests send their descendants to the Esterior (it wasn't that name at that time, of course) and they adventure everywhere, including the tower of Dame.

I think it'll be still fun without Adol. I wonder if those main characters won't talk like Adol  :D

Offline MP83

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct. 04, 2006, 02:39:21 AM »
I think it'll be still fun without Adol. I wonder if those main characters won't talk like Adol  :D
From the looks of the trailer, it looks like these characters can actually talk. :)

Offline babyima

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov. 06, 2006, 06:09:40 PM »
I didn't see this tread at the bottom. :P Dang medications!  :-X I think it will be good, I have seen screenshots of Oath and heard its music and it is awesome. And, I was hoping that they would do the same to upgrade Ys 1 and 2 with glorious music.  ;D

Just only if american game companies wasn't so darn....  :~(

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov. 20, 2006, 09:39:32 AM »
In case that you didn't knew there is another trailerand this is the narrated version:

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov. 20, 2006, 08:48:07 PM »
^^ that's awesome... You get to see about couple of bosses returning also ;D. Hm... I'm not sure I should buy this game now.... cause knowing falcom they're going to release an enhance version or collector's edition which makes the getting the original seem bleh  :-X. Anyway just 30 more days!!!

edit: just wondering what the end of the trailer meant by "yaku ni jiu" page. I'm guessing it about the artbook but how many pages is it?
« Last Edit: Nov. 20, 2006, 09:04:38 PM by memoryjar »

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov. 22, 2006, 07:51:38 PM »
Yep it is but no one is here. Did I registered to a dying forum?

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov. 22, 2006, 09:15:17 PM »
It's thanksgiving soon, people are either busy with work or busy with relatives, give them a slack. Then againn, this forum never had a lot of people.

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
Ys Origin Artbook
« Reply #21 on: Nov. 23, 2006, 08:26:16 AM »
The Ys Origin artbook is 120 pages long.  At least, that's what it says in the trailers and the website.

I saw the new trailers for the game last night.  I'm intrigued, but I'm still not sure if I'll preorder it or wait until my next Falcom batch order.  I'd like to get that Entry Book, but I don't know if the shipping charges will make it worthwhile.
-Not two, but three playable characters?  Not bad at all.  Strange how none of them are redheads like Adol and Abel.
-The in-game artwork is nice (typical Falcom style, ie: gorgeous), but the artwork on the site looks a little... off.  Am I the only one that thinks Feena and Leah looked better in Ys I-II Complete?
-Small continuity nitpick:  Ys Origin takes place 700 years before Ys I.  If that's the case, why are Feena & Leah's outfits more elaborate and "modern"?  They look very nice, I'll admit, but if they were wearing lace and stockings 700 years ago, why switch to more primitive attire (cloaks, one-piece slipons, etc...) 700 years later?  (Can amnesia influence someone's taste in clothes?  I dunno.  Like I said, just a minor nitpick.)

I'm wondering which of the playable characters will be my favorite.  Yunika, Yugo, or "The Claw"...  Either way, many forces are struggling for my salary and free time this season.  Falcom, Christmas presents, Twilight Princess, Portrait of Ruin, Hirameki visual novels.  I'm not poor, but I still have to exercise some discretion.
This is TDOMMX (formerly Magus0857) signing out.

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov. 23, 2006, 12:46:52 PM »
Feena and Reah sure looked better in I-II Complete, they look like teenagers in the new game. But I guess that's ok, after all they were 700 years younger (even godesses grow older, I guess). As for their clothes, I also think it fits, since in Origins they were the most important people of Ys at the height of its glory, and in Complete they were just exiles hiding among the normal populace of Esteria.
Anyway, I'm highly anticipating the game.

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov. 23, 2006, 08:03:53 PM »
Besides it seems that in the game history ancient civilization was more advanced. The ruins of amnesia is a proof of that and the eye on the glass container who is covered in mystery. See the "background" thread. But in origins because one of playable characters is named Hugo Fact people now are assuming that he is the Dark Fact but something tells me that is his father the evil one possessed or not.

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov. 23, 2006, 08:23:56 PM »
I like ranzor's explanation about feena and reah's clothing. Intuitively, I thought that people dress according to their surrounding tastes. For example, would you want to dress in high-class victorian age clothing in modern day society? of course not right, because it just wouldn't allow you to fit in. This is the same for the goddesses. Yes, they had nice clothing back then but that was when that society deemed it necessary.

Offline TDOMMX

• Eager Initiate
  • I won't give up.
    • View Profile
    • Darkside Translations
« Reply #25 on: Nov. 24, 2006, 09:05:50 AM »
Feena and Reah sure looked better in I-II Complete, they look like teenagers in the new game. But I guess that's ok, after all they were 700 years younger (even godesses grow older, I guess). As for their clothes, I also think it fits, since in Origins they were the most important people of Ys at the height of its glory, and in Complete they were just exiles hiding among the normal populace of Esteria.
Anyway, I'm highly anticipating the game.

That's what I was thinking at first; the goddesses changing their garb to remain incognito.  Then I remembered that the two (Feena, at least) had amnesia.  I was wondering if that might have had some influence.

As for Ys being at the height of civilization:  I was tempted to agree with that argument, but then I remembered the attire worn during the prologue of Ys I.  Then again, the prologue depicts mostly commoners.  It's possible that, the higher the position, the more elaborate the costume.

Either way, it doesn't really matter.  As a medium evolves, so too do the tastes of creators.  I don't think there are that many 1980's games (save maybe dating sims) that have characters wearing thigh-high socks and lace stockings.  Just have a look at Link:  it took him nearly two decades to start wearing pants (I wonder why they made him pantless to begin with...).

Feena's hairdo has changed quite a bit over the years, too:  on TurboGrafx, she had bangs; in Ys I-II Complete, she had a center part; in Origins, she has more of a rich-girl hairdo.  I`m thankful they didn't consider giving her those cliche debutante rolls (that'd be a reason to be pissed).  Leah, on the other hand, has been quite consistent.

I don't think anyone could sanely mistake Hugo / Yugo for anyone other than the ancestor of Dark Fact.  If I recall, they gave his first name at one point, but I can't remember it for the life of me.  All I remember is that it didn't sound at all like Hugo.
This is TDOMMX (formerly Magus0857) signing out.

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov. 24, 2006, 04:47:21 PM »
^^ I think the hair issue was to seperate the two so they won't look identical. observe:
their faces just look the same.

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov. 24, 2006, 07:56:56 PM »
OMG they look very kawaii! Different clothes and hair to differentiate the twins. It is just me or Olha looks a little bite like them?
« Last Edit: Nov. 24, 2006, 07:58:08 PM by Neo-Kaiser »

Offline ranzor

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov. 27, 2006, 12:50:51 PM »
That's what I was thinking at first; the goddesses changing their garb to remain incognito.  Then I remembered that the two (Feena, at least) had amnesia.  I was wondering if that might have had some influence.

But remember that in the end of Ys I Feena asks Adol to forgive her for not telling him she was a goddess. I guess that means she was faking her amnesia.

I don't think anyone could sanely mistake Hugo / Yugo for anyone other than the ancestor of Dark Fact.  If I recall, they gave his first name at one point, but I can't remember it for the life of me.  All I remember is that it didn't sound at all like Hugo.

In Dawn of Ys we're told of the dark sorceror Sieg Fact. I think he's Dark Fact. Hugo sure is his ancestor, unless he changed his name and lived 700 years more. Maybe the guy who appears in the trailer and is called just The Claw is really Sieg, maybe Hugo's lost brother or something.

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov. 29, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »
Oh and the new trailer is available on the Falcom page at a higther resolution.

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Dec. 01, 2006, 11:40:04 PM »
Starting to really look forward to this.  I'll guess that there will be at least one more extra playable character, since they're not going to want to reveal all the secrets beforehand.  I remember seeing a screenshot of the character select screen, and it looks like there is room for at least four characters on that screen.  Though, the shot was from before they announced the third character.  But, in the screenshot, they showed the selections for the two characters near the top of the screen, with a lot of empty space on the bottom half, which would just be bad design, unless you're going to have extra characters show up in that space.  If you weren't, I think it'd be better to either center the character selection boxes, or make them bigger, and put extra information in them. 

Them announced a third character available after playing the first two, just increases my suspicions that we'll see at least one more playable character yet.  Who knows, maybe even an ancestor of Adol?  *shrug*

<EDIT> 
Here's the screenshot of the character select screen:  http://www.falcom.com/yso/system/01/img02e.gif

Definitely room for two more characters on there, one of which being 'The Claw', after you unlock him.  What do you think? 
<END EDIT>

I took the plunge and ordered the game yesterday.  Already got a response and confirmed the order.  Even if I can't understand the game, I'm sure it'll be great fun, like the rest.
« Last Edit: Dec. 01, 2006, 11:46:44 PM by zaratus »

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec. 02, 2006, 12:39:03 AM »
Maybe the ones who appears in the trailer looking at explosions in the sky.

Offline memoryjar

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec. 02, 2006, 03:04:54 AM »
or they could just throw in adol as a bonus character. Of course it would have no connection to the story, so it might be something that's like a "what if" scenarios in metal gear solid 2: substance. From a programming point of view, it wouldn't be that hard to put an existing character (either adol from Ys IV or VI) in a similar engine. Heck I bet it's even easier than designing a completely new playable character. But the problem is that Adol's moves might seem a bit similar to the combat fighter in this game.

Offline Falcomfan

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec. 02, 2006, 09:47:02 AM »
Maybe the ones who appears in the trailer looking at explosions in the sky.

Those are the bad guys im pretty sure of it.

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec. 02, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »
But the guy with the claws is also a bad guy. You can see Hugo fighting against him.

Offline Zapages

• Hapless Fledgling
    • View Profile
    • Prince of Persia Legacy
« Reply #35 on: Dec. 02, 2006, 12:44:26 PM »
The samples music from the game has been uploaded on the official site. :)

Offline Neo-Kaiser

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec. 20, 2006, 02:30:44 PM »
So the Japanese must only wait until tomorrow to play this game....Only one day remains over there...

Offline Gamemusicfreak

• Hapless Fledgling
  • Game Music Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Game Music Freak
« Reply #37 on: Dec. 20, 2006, 07:01:32 PM »
If Falcom continues shipping to other countries early like they have been recently, hopefully many more of us will be playing it tomorrow too.  :)
Top favorite game series:  Ys, Legend of Xanadu, Legend of Heroes, Final Fantasy, Chrono Series.

Top 3 Favorite Game Music Composers:  Yuzo Koshiro,
Motoi Sakuraba, Nobuo Uematsu

Offline zaratus

• Eager Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec. 21, 2006, 03:34:37 AM »
Damn, I didn't even realize that it was the 21st already.  Not even keeping track of what day it is. 

This month seems to be going pretty quick, even though work goes sooooooooooo slow.

Offline X-Calibar

• Experienced Guildsman
  • Gustave
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec. 21, 2006, 03:48:49 AM »
But remember that in the end of Ys I Feena asks Adol to forgive her for not telling him she was a goddess. I guess that means she was faking her amnesia.
From the anime, and I believe in-game, the Silver Harmonica returns the memory among other things back to the Goddesses.  Once Lair finally plays that instrument, no longer are they simply innocent girls... 

I can't remember what Feena says before and after playing the harmonica... I gotta get Origin ;) And play Ys 1 and 2 ... AND 3 ...!!!